P226 ID help Login/Join 
posted
I acquired an odd duck P226:

1. Black nitride stainless german SAO frame
2. Elite slide
3. Target crown barrel
4. Serial # begins TXDPS
5. Frame stamped DE P226

Any thoughts on this being rare or is it just part of a special order?

Posts: 93 | Location: ID | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably special order for Texas Department Public Safety

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What cartridge is it chambered for?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
5. Frame stamped DE P226

DE indicates that the frame was made in Germany (Deutschland).

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
What cartridge is it chambered for?

Sorry failed to mention it's 9mm

Posts: 93 | Location: ID | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
IIRC it’s a factory Frankensig. A few years back there was a commemorative 75th anniversary Texas DPS 226 release with an SAO frame and stainless slide (engraved.) Sig probably had some of these frames left over and slapped some elite slides on them. They were sold out of the Sig Pro shop only and in very small amounts.

Ps: the originals were 357sig which is what they carried

The original

Yours:

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to send you an email but you do not have one in your profile. Please send me an email listed in my profile. Thanks

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
IIRC it’s a factory Frankensig. A few years back there was a commemorative 75th anniversary Texas DPS 226 release with an SAO frame and stainless slide (engraved.) Sig probably had some of these frames left over and slapped some elite slides on them. They were sold out of the Sig Pro shop only and in very small amounts.

Ps: the originals were 357sig which is what they carried

The original

Yours:

That is what it looks like

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Interestingly, recently, a member inquired about the same gun. He stated that when he called SIG and gave them the serial number, the CSR told him they had no records of such a gun with that type of serial number. Basically, he was told a line of BS.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Factor8:
I was going to send you an email but you do not have one in your profile. Please send me an email listed in my profile. Thanks

I sent you an email

Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
That is a sweet piece you got there!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a google search and a poster on another board has one and claims the Sig Pro shop told him there were only 63 of this configuration made?