SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 516 - come with sights or did I get robbed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 516 - come with sights or did I get robbed? Login/Join 
posted
I recently bought a Sig 516 pistol. its the 10" 5.56 version. I realized once I got home it has no sights on it. Should it have come with sig flip up sights or are they normally not included?

Posts: 266 | Location: ATL GA | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were definitely included on the 16" rifle I bought a couple years ago. Though looking at Sig's current webpage it appears they are not showing sights coming with the rifle version, probably same for shorter barrel lengths.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/sig516-patrol.html

So I would say you probably did not get "ripped off" in the sense that you got everything that comes with the gun. Whether sights should be included is subject to debate.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. This puts my mind at ease.

Posts: 266 | Location: ATL GA | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
SIG often changes what comes "standard" on their AR platform guns. My first 516 rifle came with two GI magazines, a cheap red dot and no backup sights. My second 516--a FDE--came with BLACK MBUS-1 sights and one M2 PMAG. Later 516s that we've had through the shop came with some generic polymer folding sights (they may have been branded 'SIG Sauer', though I don't remember for certain), and one PMAG. The last one we had came with no sights and one GI mag.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sometimes wish other manufacturers were like Apple, and list "what's in the box."

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I bought an LWRC about two years ago when they were doing a Aimpoint promo. The dealer took wanted to take the BUIS off, said it was an instruction from LWRC Inc. I said no way, but they wanted to charge me for them. I contacted LWRC and their regional sales guy told me the dealer was confused with a memo they had sent out at the same time. If the gun had sights on it, it was to be sold with the sights, regardless of the promo. The 'but' in the works was, they planned on starting to ship without sights as everyone puts some sort of other sight on the guns and it would save them money. I've not shopped LWRC since, but from the conversation I had, apparently their plan was to quit putting them on their guns, so it doesn't surprise me SIG is doing something similar.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The last one we had came with no sights and one GI mag.

That is what I seem to have gotten as well. I got a good price so am okay with them not being included. I just wanted to make sure they were not removed on mine. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by binary0101:
I recently bought a Sig 516 pistol. its the 10" 5.56 version. I realized once I got home it has no sights on it. Should it have come with sig flip up sights or are they normally not included?

My Sig P556 didn't come with a rear sight. It came with a cheap red dot and a bad folding emergency rear sight

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
You got robbed my sig 516 pistol came with them and it was a 7.5 inch

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
You got robbed my sig 516 pistol came with them and it was a 7.5 inch

When did you buy it and what was its manufacture date?

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
My MPX purchased last year came with iron sights. However my buddy purchased an MPX with the exact same part number this year and it did not come with iron sights. He asked his dealer about it and Sig said that is how they come now, so likely just Sig making changes without making it clear.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Sig Customer service about sights and slings being included with new rifles. I was told they are no longer including them, this was about 3 weeks ago.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
sounds like sig just raised the price without raising the price...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen 1 516 did NOT come with them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post