SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "HELP" Tips To Cut Slots For Manual Safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"HELP" Tips To Cut Slots For Manual Safety Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted
I'm in MA and we get our P320s with manual safeties. I ordered a grip module from TopGun and when I get it I'll need to cut slots in the grip to accommodate the manual safety in the fire control unit.

I know I'll get it done but I sure wouldn't mind any tips someone might have so I don't FUBAR the job too much.

Thanks.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
I'm in MA and we get our P320s with manual safeties. I ordered a grip module from TopGun and when I get it I'll need to cut slots in the grip to accommodate the manual safety in the fire control unit.

I know I'll get it done but I sure wouldn't mind any tips someone might have so I don't FUBAR the job too much.

Thanks.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2407 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this helps or not. I have been stippling, sanding, etc on these grip modules a bunch lately.

Start with a good pencil and draw exactly where you want the slot. After erasing and redrawing a million times you will have the perfect shape. Next step for me is blue painters masking tape (leaves no residue) around the shape. This keeps the dremel tips surprisingly inside the edge. Of course the best way would probably be dremel out the main stuff and use a file to finish the edges, then sandpaper to desired smoothness. '

Go slow, good luck.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
I think on the newest grip modules there is an outline on the inside of the grip where the cut needs to go. If I remember it's a long curved U shape. A round file might give you closest to factory shape.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post