SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 need a little help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 need a little help Login/Join 
Picture of ziggy308
posted
I have a p320 m17. I put a Wilson grip on it with 3 rod weights in the grip. After a day at the range when I went to clean the gun found that the weights had moved up and where getting stuck in the action. Wilsons fix was to glue the rods in but this sound like a half ass fix. Any one else have this problem.

need to post picks for item up for sale

Posts: 566 | Location: lost in Illinois | Registered: March 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the fix. Use RTV silicon; you'll be able to remove the rods later if you want them for a different application. The rods re smaller than the grip receptacle, which means they'll vibrate and cause fretting corrosion within the grip. Pull each rod, put RTV silicon around the rod, and reinsert. Wipe off any excess. A little silicon above the rod to keep it secure. That's how they're supposed to be installed.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post