SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Want a different 380 Sig pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want a different 380 Sig pistol Login/Join 
posted
I have a Sig P238 that I really like. I would, however, like a larger Sig also in .380. Is Sig currently offering anything in 380, I know in the past there were 2 pistols, now I find nothing.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, your P238 is Sigs only current option for .380. They used to make a P230 and a P232, both can still be found on the used market.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P250 & P290 were available in 380

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15354 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Yup, need to check out the used market/Gun Broker for 230s/232s.

Now, for a great feeling and slightly larger size .380, give the Rock Island .380 1911 a try and see what you think.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning makes a reduced size 1911 in .380 too. P250 and Beretta 84 / 85 are options too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16103 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Does it HAVE to be a Sig?

The Smith & Wesson M&P 380 Shield EZ and the Bersa Thunder 380 come to mind for me:

I had a P232 and a Bersa Thunder 380CC and actually preferred the Bersa.

Posts: 33833 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33833 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
SIG P232 or P290RS are available on GB

Beretta 84FS, if it doesn’t have to be a SIG.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's somebody on Gunbroker who is selling "kits" to change P320 9mm subcompacts to .380 ACP. It's just a grip frame (which you wouldn't need unless you wanted a different color), a .380 barrel, and a .380 magazine. My guess is that these are leftover P250 parts.

The good news is that this would give you a SIG .380 in a larger frame than the P238, and striker-fired to boot. The bad news is that you'd have to buy a subcompact P320 in 9mm and a kit, which has a Buy-It-Now price of $142.

Here's a photo for comparison. (Not my picture, but it's the only one I could find on the web that shows both pistols.) The top is a P320 Subcompact and the bottom is a P238. (The P320 is actually a Compact slide on a Subcompact frame, which is why the slide extends beyond the end of the frame.) This will give you some idea of the relative sizes.

I'm not sure, but it may also be possible to use mag extensions meant for 9mm mags on the .380 SC mags to give you a little more grip area. Keep in mind, though, that these magazines are going to be harder and harder to find because the pistol they were meant for (P250) is out of production.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
There's somebody on Gunbroker who is selling "kits" to change P320 9mm subcompacts to .380 ACP. It's just a grip frame (which you wouldn't need unless you wanted a different color), a .380 barrel, and a .380 magazine. My guess is that these are leftover P250 parts.

The good news is that this would give you a SIG .380 in a larger frame than the P238, and striker-fired to boot. The bad news is that you'd have to buy a subcompact P320 in 9mm and a kit, which has a Buy-It-Now price of $142.

People should approach this so-called conversion from P250 to P320 with more than a little suspicion.

If such a conversion was really practical, SIG would have done it and sold some guns rather than wholesaling parts out to CDNN.

As it is, an enterprising person has bought a $10 holster, a $10 magazine, and a $20 barrel from one source and is trying to sell that $40 of parts for $142 on eBay.

I own the P250 in both .380 and 9mm. Among other things, the recoil springs are radically different, the barrels are slightly different diameters, and the slides have different lightening cuts.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'd go for a used 230 or 232. They are fantastic guns.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12785 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P230/232 is a nice gun that looks incredibly cool, but the limited availability and ridiculous prices of SIG magazines is something to consider in your decision making process.

Not that fleece-bay is anything to go by, but a new nickel SIG mag is listed at $110 plus shipping. Six people are watching it. A couple of other's are listed at $130.

ProMag makes mags for the P230/232, but reports on their reliabilty vary.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bought a P250 subcompact from the used gun case for $200... Great deal and in great shape included the mags and box...

Posts: 23505 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:
People should approach this so-called conversion from P250 to P320 with more than a little suspicion.

If such a conversion was really practical, SIG would have done it and sold some guns rather than wholesaling parts out to CDNN.

Thanks for the cautionary info. Nowhere in his ads does he say "P250," but where else could these parts possibly be from?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:

Thanks for the cautionary info. Nowhere in his ads does he say "P250," but where else could these parts possibly be from?

SIG never made or sold a P320 in .380 ACP. Since the GB ad says "All brand new factory Sig Sauer parts." that only leaves one option.

Look at the GB add and note that the grip module has no mag release. CDNN is the only other place I have seen grip modules sold without mag releases.

Also look at the GB seller's add for a 40 to 357 conversion, which does say P320/P250.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well here you go!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3000099854

Very nice deal with the upgrades. CDNN has new $20 factory magazines for it.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3451 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pitch PASig and Blackmore, it is a good deal and not a mark/blemish on the pistol. With the upgrades and mags it's better than new.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post