SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Why Does My MK25 Feel So Heavy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why Does My MK25 Feel So Heavy? Login/Join 
posted
My MK25 (love the gun) is 33oz (on my scale) with an empty mag. My P30L is 28.5oz with an empty mag. Thus, the sig is onl 4.5oz approximately heavier but it feels as if it is a pound more. Is the increased "perceived wight" due to the heavy slide and overall balance of the pistol? Both pistols are full size.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
My MK25 (love the gun) is 33oz (on my scale) with an empty mag. My P30L is 28.5oz with an empty mag. Thus, the sig is onl 4.5oz approximately heavier but it feels as if it is a pound more. Is the increased "perceived wight" due to the heavy slide and overall balance of the pistol? Both pistols are full size.

Umm, one is full metal, the other is half metal. 4.5 oz is a lot in terms of gun carrying.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
As you've complained in the past about your sensitivity to recoil you should understand that the weight of your MK 25 accounts for at least some of the reason you are able to shoot it while feeling less recoil.

12131 is correct, a 4.5 oz weight difference is fairly significant for comparable sized handguns.

You can't have it both ways... the weight of a heavier gun will counter the perceived recoil but it will be... well... heavier.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
It does have an anchor....

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:

^^^ Big Grin LOL

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:

Now wiping snot and coffee off my iPad. Thanks.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post