SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kel-Tec sure does come up with some interesting and crazy looking firearms - CP33
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel-Tec sure does come up with some interesting and crazy looking firearms - CP33 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
After range day today, I was just browsing the gun counter and spotted the Kel-Tec CP33. Crazy looking pistol holds 33 rds of .22 LR. Didn't know anything about it, so I had to go home and look it up. Anyone on here has one, yet? This should be fun, if it's reliable. Definitely cheaper to shoot than the PMR-30.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/cp33/

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive got one. GREAT suppressor host.

I fired a couple mags out of it. Found it to be accurate and fun to shoot.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Wonder if they'll follow up with a CP33 carbine, much like the CMR30 pairs with the PMR30.

I'm guessing it's cocked like a Ruger MK or Buckmark, hence the odd tail?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I like it and am looking to pick one up.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
American Handgunner had a write-up on it in the latest issue.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of Total Recall.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yes, the Claridge Hi-Tec 9mm. I used to own that POS.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ruger and other makers will copy it soon.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bullpup pistol. I wonder why Kel-Tec has no problem getting a mag like that to work with .22 and just about everyone else single stacks them. Ten or 12 rounds of .22 seems kind of lame.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. It’s one of my most fun guns.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had them in the shop; thought it was kinda weird looking at the time but then I got the chance to shoot one that a customer bought. Definitely a fun and reliable shooter, not something that can always be said of Kel-Tec products.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
For people who can't handle the kick and roar, that wouldn't be a bad home defense weapon.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if you shoot well fast enough it could be sort of the pistol version of the American 180. I'll tell you, though, that thing looks like it was invented by someone who hates having squirrels in their back yard.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Ruger and other makers will copy it soon.

That was my first thought when I saw this pistol, that Ruger would have their own version within a year.

Posts: 520 | Registered: June 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for the extension to make the mags... 50 rounds !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

No Q! Not you! Say it isn't so!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a PMR30-if its' QC was any example of what Kel=Tec is capable of turning out, I'd stay far away from it.

Posts: 43 | Location: Hilton Head Island, SC | Registered: August 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigborgel:
Had a PMR30-if its' QC was any example of what Kel=Tec is capable of turning out, I'd stay far away from it.

My PMR-30 is just fine. Sorry about yours.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
It reminds me of Total Recall.

Beat me to it!

Posts: 1957 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

No Q! Not you! Say it isn't so!

Yes, it was so. Those stupid early years, buying POS like the Tec-9, Calico 100, Accutek 380, etc... Eek

Q