SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Scorpion EVO S1 pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion EVO S1 pistol Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
What are your thoughts? I'm interested in getting something fun and non-AR'ish.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they're a neat gun with a good aftermarket. People are generally divided on them, though. The naysayers complain that you "have" to spend money to get the gun "tolerable." They're not necessarily wrong, but the gun is pretty cheap and a lot of the parts are, too. The MPX, GHM9, MP-5 clones,and several others are objectively better, but also cost more.

I've had one since they first came out. It's never been cleaned and it's been shot 90% suppressed with no problems. Magazines are also cheap.

I would also consider the PSA AK-V 9mm in a lower priced "subgun". The mags for the AK-V are also cheap, very good Scorpion pattern magazines.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan. I have seerval of them. One is an SBR too. They are absolute tanks. The internet has several torture tests on them and they just run and run. They’re cheap, reliable and have a huge aftermarket so you can have fun. Big thumbs up from me.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
One of the most fun guns to accessories and shoot. Recommend spending the $200 on tax-stamp to SBR it.
Only negative is cost of feeding, easy to go through rounds quickly, as it is fun to shoot.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like mine a lot. They are very robust, accurate, and reliable. Mine has been a hoot and has been flawless through several hundred rounds thus far. It’s basically the A1 only semi auto so it’s a proven design that can handle abuse and high volume fire. Price is also a feature as it’s a lot more affordable than many of its competitors. Plus, it’s pretty easy to work on for adding safety levers, grips, triggers, and other accessories. I have mine set up the way I want it with the exception of perhaps a new grip though it’s comfy enough with the brace set up anyway.

host pictures

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like just about everything but the trigger which is terrible and not easily fixed. Right side safety delete and its ready to go. Mags are cheap, there is a good aftermarket. I changed the brace setup, but that was really a personal preference.
no downsides really.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Really want one. Can’t decide what model.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bluish gray one and love it! Not even Beto can tske this from my cold dead hand!
https://i.imgur.com/mzHxJV0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mzHxJV0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mzHxJV0_d....humb&fidelity=medium

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a gray one, no brace, last month. It works very well. I went thru 5 30 round mags far too quickly, though. I just mounted a B&T arm brace and we'll see how that goes. If it's not to my tastes I get a stock and tax stamp. BTW, form 4's electronically filed have been coming back in about 3 weeks.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Due to the CZ S EVO S1 being direct blowback and having a 1.6 lbs. bolt getting back on target is not that easy. Recoil is higher than the SIG MPX or the HK SP5K. Both smoother shooters. Yes, the Scorpion needs multiple aftermarket adjustments vs the other two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure if it really needs multiple upgrades, the safety sucks and I changed that. Other than that I changed the grip and the mag release but it didn’t really need those. Those three parts took less than ten minutes total to change and in total the gun, the parts and a Trijicon MRO cost about what a Sig goes for. And mags are half the price of Sig mags, under a third of the price of you buy the PSA ones.

Saying that getting back on target is “not that easy” seems like a little over-dramatization. I’ve never shot a MPX but I’ve shot a lot of subguns including MP5s and I think the Scorpion is pretty easy to shoot. My 12 year old son loves my CZ and doesn’t have any problems shooting the gun even in rapid fire.

I SBR’d mine and am going to swap out the Nospray fake suppressor whenever that gets approved. I couldn’t be happier with mine.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I recently posted briefly somewhat in regards to this topic: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...110049064#4110049064

I think there are a lot of comments that are simply based more on internet lore than actual experience. For example, I can shoot my SBR Scorpion just as accurately and as fast as I can shoot a MPX or MP5 in semi-auto mode. I don’t think the MPX is better built or that the CZ is cheaply made. It is a polymer blowback gun. It is inexpensive to produce with the polymer and blowback technology but certainly not a piece of junk.

As for the comments that lots of work/parts are needed to make the platform usable, I disagree. I did two minor changes to mine. I put in a HB Industries trigger kit just because at the same time I was doing a right side safety delete (which is a very cheap must). Magazines are substantially cheaper at $20 and there are third party manufacturers (including Magpul later this year). In my experience, the CZ is 100% reliable and accurate.

I really thought hard about an MPX, SP5K or a MP5 clone. The price differential for either platform didn’t make sense and I’m really frustrated with SIG’s long-term support of long guns of which apparently there is little if any and is based more upon the direction of the wind and fortune tellers in NH. I’d buy the CZ and not look back.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Great gun. Yugely fun. Good aftermarket support. Reasonably affordable, even with the few necessary aftermarket changes (right side safety, trigger springs, and maybe grip).

I've brought mine to the range on several firearms training days, and so far, shooting mine has led to at least a half dozen other officers picking one up for themselves.

Here's my in-depth review from a few years back: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5110054824

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love both my pistol and carbine, but I always change out the following:
Left/right safeties (for the HBI AK Style)
Duckbill Magazine release
Oversized charging handle, and
Yetiwerks grip.

I just picked up an S3 with a brace and it is a great shooter.

Magazines are reasonable, and mine will eat cheap Steel cased ammo all day.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see the good reviews this time around. Some past threads have been less kind. I have the Yetiwurks grip on mine. Otherwise all factory controls. Cheap PA Advanced Micro Dot on top. Added a three lug adapter for suppressoring. Works great with my Rugged Obsidian and Omega 9K.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Love mine, very fun to shoot suppressed.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it an MP5? No.

Is it supremely fun? Oh yes...

Posts: 30 | Location: B'ham, AL | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's the AR15 of PCCs.

Huge aftermarket, relatively cheap weapons, mags, and accessories.

There are likely better PCCs out there, but not at this price point with the aftermarket to support.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogues scorpion pic is responsible for the tailhook on mine. I grew up thinking I wanted an MP5, and I do but.....it turns out I actually wanted a scorpion Evo. Damn fun gun that easily accepts optics, runs all kinds of ammo, suppresses well and folds into a tiny package all for a very reasonable price.

I regret nothing

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Rogues scorpion pic is responsible for the tailhook on mine.

^^^^^^^
Check out the sling attachments Rogue has on his CZ. He put me onto them and they are prefect.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post