SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Miil a Glock slide and add an RMR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Miil a Glock slide and add an RMR Login/Join 
Picture of abnmacv
posted
Suggestions for a respected place to have an optic added?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I had an Agency AOS cut added to mine. It uses a steel plate interface and sits lower than the standard Glock MOS plate. I like that with the addition of plates it’s future proof for what may be coming.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Pike at Mod1 without a doubt!

http://mod1firearms.com/

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I realize this is not what you asked for, but why would you not consider a replacement slide that is already cut. There are many places that sell them, and even more after market outfits that do as well.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agency
L&M Precision
ATEI
Jager Weeks
Dozens of others...

If you're doing a Gen 3 or 4 gun, consider an aftermarket slide that is already milled. Brownells slides can be had pretty fairly priced during the regular 10% off days. Unity are also decent.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are so many options for a glock. But my recommendations based on numerous actual purchases are parker mountain machine and L&M precision.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First, be advised that some lesser shops can't do the "recoil posts" if your optic requires those.
Also, newbys to the game might cut into your safety plunger bore if they cut too deep.
It has happened.

The top three in no particular order are :

Primary Machine
Jagerworks
ATEi

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lieutenant
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Primary Machine in LA.

Steve

Posts: 996 | Location: Central CT | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Word of caution on Agency Arms. I sent my slide in the first week of September for AOS, and still waiting to receive it 13 weeks later.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
I did attempt to buy another slide for my Glock 29 but they are not for sale.

Thanks for the suggestions to get the work done.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
L&M here.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I'm compiling a list for our officers to use. I sent mine to Maple Leaf FA and another sent his to Primary Machine so we can compare. We'll see how long it takes and how the milling is.

I ordered 30 Trijicon RMRs and 30 Safariland holsters. Doubt they will come in anytime soon so we have time to wait.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used Suarez NP3 slides, they're really nice.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Mine went off to Jagerwerks yesterday.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
I have had Primary Machine mill two, one for a DPP and one RMR. Both turned out very well.

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive:
First, be advised that some lesser shops can't do the "recoil posts" if your optic requires those.
Also, newbys to the game might cut into your safety plunger bore if they cut too deep.
It has happened.

The top three in no particular order are :

Primary Machine
Jagerworks
ATEi

When Primary Machine did my M&P, they did not cut recoil bosses into the slide.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had weapons milled by L&M Precision, ATEI, and whoever Boresight Solutions uses for their milling. All of them were first rate.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I used Maple Leaf LLC and was extremely happy with the work and turn around.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Jagerworks did a Glock 19 for me and did a great job.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maca:
Word of caution on Agency Arms. I sent my slide in the first week of September for AOS, and still waiting to receive it 13 weeks later.

They quoted me 12-14 but mine was back in 7 or 8. It’ll be worth the wait. I love mine.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post