SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SRT on a 220 - how to tell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRT on a 220 - how to tell Login/Join 
posted
Is there anyway to look at the trigger and hammer on a P220 to tell it has the SRT installed? It's an online gun sale ..

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
Is there anyway to look at the trigger and hammer on a P220 to tell it has the SRT installed? It's an online gun sale ..

No.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Btw, what does seller say?

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't know

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Is it a model that "should" have SRT?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
If you really want SRT, "don't know" isn't good enough. Especially for an online sale. Even if the owner goes back and checks, how are you going to trust it one way or another unless you see SRT on the box? Like, how would one not know this unless they're unfamiliar with SIG pistols, and minus labeling, how would you trust him saying "well the reset feels pretty short to me?"

If it's a good enough deal that you can afford to buy the SRT parts and self-install, and still come out ahead, then maybe...but there's enough SRT pistols out there that finding one sold by a guy that says "Yeah, it has the SRT" shouldn't be too hard.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just ask the guy to take off the right side grip panel and take a close up of the sear / trigger bar area, if you really want to know.

Q