SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Our first M-17 arrived.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our first M-17 arrived. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gtmtnbiker98:
The optic cut, are they exclusively cut for the Romeo 1?

Yes. I looked at the underside of the slide and the screws are in the same position and spacing at C_Swimms's X5 and RX

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Let us know when you do the NET. I'm interested in what they teach you. Did you also get the holster?

No holsters yet, but Safariland got the contract.

I'm just a 12B/RTO who happens to be friends with the armorer because I'm more familiar with the weapon systems than he is, lol. He just does paperwork better.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
I really hate the antiquated requirement of an external, mechanical safety...
I wonder if the USAF will simply not use it, the same way they didn't use the safety on the M9.

OSI is not immediately embracing as the replacement for our issued M-11s. The highly rumored pistol is the G19, quite possibly to be issued at USAFSIA graduation along with the badge and creds.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brywards:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
I really hate the antiquated requirement of an external, mechanical safety...
I wonder if the USAF will simply not use it, the same way they didn't use the safety on the M9.

OSI is not immediately embracing as the replacement for our issued M-11s. The highly rumored pistol is the G19, quite possibly to be issued at USAFSIA graduation along with the badge and creds.
I'm not sure how that procurement would work, or why they would resist the M17, but hey it's the government, so who knows.

Issuing guns at FLETC with the B&Cs would be a big departure from how things went down in my days. Back then the pistols were assigned by the Det to the agent, and a PCS to a new Det meant turning in that pistol, and getting a new pistol at the gaining Det.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
To answer another poster's question: I ride the thumb safety, 1911-style, on my MS-equipped P320 carry. No failures to lock back on last round as of approximately 1k fired.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Wish all the P320’s came standard with an optic cut-out and plate. Also the
trigger looks identical to the new civilian trigger upgrade.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree but I don't want a Romeo optic.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I agree but I don't want a Romeo optic.

I’m liking my Romeo 1’s. Have you had issues?

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also the
trigger looks identical to the new civilian trigger upgrade.

It is.

Adapter plates are available to mount a variety of optics on the slide.

quote:
Wish all the P320’s came standard with an optic cut-out and plate.

While that is easily doable, it would raise the price up significantly, In an era when competition is tough, not something they will do for the very small percentage that would take advantage of it.

Running personnel through the armorer's course will take a few hours. I don't see them rebuilding the FCJU in the field. easier to just swap them out. Rebuilding the slide is not difficult at all.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post