SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Our first M-17 arrived.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our first M-17 arrived. Login/Join 
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted

It came with all 3 grip modules, one 17rd mag and two 21rd mags. So far we just got one, but are MTOE'd enough for every team leader and up to get one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Zacsquatch,

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
The logistics officer in me has a few questions based on what you've been instructed/seen so far:

1. How will the decision what grip module will be utilized for each Soldier be made? Will each Soldier try out grips and ultimately the right size be issued with the pistol? Will supply retain the extra modules, or will they be issued with the pistol to the individual?

2. What is the plan for unit armorers? Have your unit armorers already received formal training?

3. Are CLIX spare parts available in the supply system yet?

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a safety? I see an ambidextrous lever in the back, but I can't figure out what it does.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
What kind of POA/POI are those night sights set up for?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Is there a safety? I see an ambidextrous lever in the back, but I can't figure out what it does.

Ambi safety and slide catch AFAIK.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Boy the safety lever and the slide stop are CLOSE together. Can anyone actually ride the safety with their thumb without interfering with the slide stop on the last round?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I thought there was some type of gaget on the take down lever that required a spanner wrench of some sort to prevent guys from removing the FCU?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Great karma!
I’m in. Smile

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaCav:
The logistics officer in me has a few questions based on what you've been instructed/seen so far:

1. How will the decision what grip module will be utilized for each Soldier be made? Will each Soldier try out grips and ultimately the right size be issued with the pistol? Will supply retain the extra modules, or will they be issued with the pistol to the individual?

2. What is the plan for unit armorers? Have your unit armorers already received formal training?

3. Are CLIX spare parts available in the supply system yet?

1. Don't know yet.

2. Armorers are getting a class next week.

3. Don't know.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Very nice! I thought there was some type of gaget on the take down lever that required a spanner wrench of some sort to prevent guys from removing the FCU?

I messed around with it and the takedown in ours is the same as what comes with every other P320. I was able to take it out easily, but I was not able to get the FCU out. IDK if its because of the safety or if they made them need a tool to do it.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks; nice update.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
Don't drop it. Just kidding, do these have the trigger "upgrade" that prevents it from firing when dropped?

Is that a cutout on the slide for a red-dot?

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The military P320's do not require the upgrade. The upgrade was designed from features already incorporated in the military offerings.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zacsquatch:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

I messed around with it and the takedown in ours is the same as what comes with every other P320. I was able to take it out easily, but I was not able to get the FCU out. IDK if its because of the safety or if they made them need a tool to do it.

IIRC, there is a special tool needed to remove the FCU per contract specifications (I think we talked of it in the string regarding the adoption of the M-17) and unit armorers would get them, but not Private Snuffy.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
The optic cut, are they exclusively cut for the Romeo 1?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll be interesting to see what they look like in 5 years.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us know when you do the NET. I'm interested in what they teach you. Did you also get the holster?

Posts: 4586 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Boy the safety lever and the slide stop are CLOSE together. Can anyone actually ride the safety with their thumb without interfering with the slide stop on the last round?

The placement of the slide catch is the single biggest reason I don’t buy SIGs anymore. I have a hitchhiker’s thumb and I have issue with interfering with its function on an empty mag. Alas, my duty weapon is an M-11, so I’m stuck with it for now. I wonder if that safety lever would be beneficial to me?

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I really hate the antiquated requirement of an external, mechanical safety...

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
I really hate the antiquated requirement of an external, mechanical safety...
I wonder if the USAF will simply not use it, the same way they didn't use the safety on the M9.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post