SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther Creed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther Creed Login/Join 
posted
I have been considering the Canik pistols as a cheaper, reliable pistol. Lots of good reviews.
But I wandered into the LGS and there is the Walther Creed. Ugly. Just butt ugly. But the trigger is pretty sweet. Great feel in hand. Found extra mags for 24 bucks. Same cost as the Canik. Lifetime warranty. Only drawback seems to be that holsters may be scarce.
So... anyone out there have one? Thoughts and experiences? Thanks in advance!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Given the problems people have been having with the PPS and PPQ, and "Walther"s abysmal response to very real customer concerns: I wouldn't go near another Walther with a ten foot pole.

Perhaps better to think of the company as Umarex, ya know: the airgun company, now.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks... And after further research, I have decided to abandon the whole cheap and reliable project. I just ordered another SP2022 Two Tone. Its cheap enough and reliable.

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would skip the Creed. It's just Walther's latest attempt to sell an inexpensive pistol to compete with S&W SD9, Canik, Taurus, SAR, and all the other brands in the $250-350 range. One way Walther cut costs was by using a three piece barrel.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Given the problems people have been having with the PPS and PPQ, and "Walther"s abysmal response to very real customer concerns: I wouldn't go near another Walther with a ten foot pole.

Perhaps better to think of the company as Umarex, ya know: the airgun company, now.

What are the problems you are referencing with the PPS/PPQ? Thanks

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:

Yeah. I haven't read much on them at all and am also curious about the issues. The one hundred dollar rebates seem pretty awesome on the PPS.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:

Yeah. I haven't read much on them at all and am also curious about the issues. The one hundred dollar rebates seem pretty awesome on the PPS.

PPS M2 Barrel Peened near feed ramp? ("Gouged" would be a better word, IMO.)
PPQ M2 45 with Pitted Barrel - Walthers Response: It shouldn't cause issues

The PPQ barrel issue has been reported in PPS', too.

The problem isn't that problems are occurring. The problem is Walther Umarex blowing customers off with "it isn't a problem" when they do.

I dunno... to me this looks like a problem:

This doesn't look right, either:

That's supposed to be a polished nitrided barrel. A polished nitrided barrel is supposed to be both harder and slipperier than chrome.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great name for a hit man, Walther Creed Wink

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I've only seen the Creed in profile, and kinda thought it looked like a Hi Point with a rail.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Creed was just butt ugly. Its trigger was what attracted me. Had a great feel.
But my new SP2022 is now in my hot little hands and the price difference was 100 bucks. Since the Creed had no night sights and the 2022 does, the 2022 was the right choice.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Don't walk away from Walther, Run as fast as you can. I had the misfortune of buying a CCP that my wife picked out. It was a complete and utter piece of crap.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no problems with my PPQ's in .40.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Huge difference between the CCP (made by Umarex) and the PPS M2 and PPQs (Made at Walther Plants). Even so, I had the misfortune of acquiring a CCP and sent it to Walther's repair center here in the U.S., and had it back with the updates inside a week.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct. Walther and Umarex are not the same.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I just registered for the "2 mags and bag" deal. So... 80 bucks worth of mags. Sweet.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

However Umarex is the puppetmaster. So what they ultimately say goes. I would surmise that it's Umarex bean counters that are saying such barrel fracturing is 'no biggie'. They're probably the same people who think that specifying the steel used for barrels to be more brittle saves a Euro or two per ton is a good thing. In their eyes.

Sounds like Freedom Group/Remington, only with far less pieces to mangle and mash up.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

However Umarex is the puppetmaster. So what they ultimately say goes. I would surmise that it's Umarex bean counters that are saying such barrel fracturing is 'no biggie'.

The barrel is one thing. That's fixable. (Tho I'd hate to have to pay a couple hundred bucks for a replacement barrel for a brand new pistol because the pistol's manufacturer can't see its way to turning out a proper barrel.)

Btw: I don't know about "barrel fracturing." Thinking was, last time I looked in on that thread, that the barrel steel as actually quite soft, as barrels go, so Umarex opted to nitride them to give the bore the necessary hardness. That flaking/pitting you see is believed to be that nitriding failing.

But the chamber gouging by the trigger assembly?!?! What: Keep replacing the barrel as it gets worse and worse? (One guy tried gently tweaking that bit of the trigger mechanism to see if he could halt the progress of the damage and it snapped like a twig.)

No, I fear the CCP was a shadow of things to come for Umarex/Walther. While my own PPS has yet to show either of these defects (round count is still real low) and may never do so, reading those threads on the Walther forum: I think the writing's on the wall. I'll be avoiding Walther, going forward.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
It had been reported in an earlier Creed thread that it was made in Ulm, making it a Walther and not a Umarex.

I believe DAO pistols are great for new shooters, so I enthusiastically suggested P250s for new shooters. Since SIG is no longer offering the P250, I would like to check the Creed out, but I haven't yet.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post