SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Considering Bead Blasting my P210A, do I need me head examined??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Considering Bead Blasting my P210A, do I need me head examined?? Login/Join 
posted
Sig offers this service for stainless slide and/or stainless frames. I think it would look pretty cool...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I vote case coloring.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No you're not crazy. Gray Guns has done custom Swiss P210s in the past, complete with two-tone finishes. SIG themselves has done special finishes. SIG sold natural finish Legends here in the U.S. for a while before the Merkel export ban killed that supply for us.

As long as your gun stays clear of the titanium rainbow finish machine I think that you'll be all right. Leave a wide berth for the titanium purple finish workstation as well; I think our buyer thought that us being in the middle of Huskyville, that some alum would suspend any good taste genetics/brain cells that they might have and actually BUY this fugly grape 938. Thankfully for otherwise innocent human eyes SIG only made a limited run of these purple flavored 938s. Eek

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Glad you posted this. I've been thinking a P210A nickel plated by CCR would be pretty spectacular. Stainless is another interesting option.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
No you're not crazy. Gray Guns has done custom Swiss P210s in the past, complete with two-tone finishes. SIG themselves has done special finishes. SIG sold natural finish Legends here in the U.S. for a while before the Merkel export ban killed that supply for us.

As long as your gun stays clear of the titanium rainbow finish machine I think that you'll be all right. Leave a wide berth for the titanium purple finish workstation as well; I think our buyer thought that us being in the middle of Huskyville, that some alum would suspend any good taste genetics/brain cells that they might have and actually BUY this fugly grape 938. Thankfully for otherwise innocent human eyes SIG only made a limited run of these purple flavored 938s. Eek

Hmm OompaLoompa model...

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Do this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as your gun stays clear of the titanium rainbow finish machine I think that you'll be all right. Leave a wide berth for the titanium purple finish workstation as well; I think our buyer thought that us being in the middle of Huskyville, that some alum would suspend any good taste genetics/brain cells that they might have and actually BUY this fugly grape 938. Thankfully for otherwise innocent human eyes SIG only made a limited run of these purple flavored 938s.

I sold the holy hell out of the 239 Rainbow.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
It would look just fine IMHO. Can't comment on your head, but probably should have had MY head examined for getting in involved in some of my gun projectsWink I have an 'Merican 210, so if you decide to do it I'll sure be interested in the result.

BTW, Rev. A. J., one of the infrequent times my wife happened to be with me in a gun shop, she spotted one of those Rainbow 239s in .40 S&W. Bought it, but she never shot it. I was extremely pleased when she remembered it a couple years later, and suggested we sell it. A gun shop bought it for what we had in it. Glad to let somebody else enjoy that piece of ballistic artistic expression......

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had five slides done by Sig. Very attractive treatment. No glare, even in direct sunlight. Also, it looks far better in person than in pics. SS matte doesn't photograph well, even with pro photos.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I see no problems with it. It's your gun. Do what pleases you. Here is a P226 X6 L1 that was originally all stainless that SIG did a DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) on, converting it to a RTT. Looks better to my eyes.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
The P210A isn’t a collector yet, so do what you want with yours. Personally, the Ni colored 210s all look fantastic to my eyes.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post