SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    All steel single stack 9mm compact pistol
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All steel single stack 9mm compact pistol Login/Join 
posted
Other than the HK P7 what is a quality reliable compact all steel single stack 9mm pistol? I suppose a Colt Commander in 9mm.. what else is there?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: majbgd,

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson just released a PM-C all Stainless CCO sized 1911 in 9mm. I'm contemplating selling my newly acquired nickel 226 to pick one of these up. I love CCO sized guns for carry. 1911's and Kahr pistols are all I can think of in a single stack gun that's readily available in 9mm.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Sig P239 or P225 or P225A. P220 9mm

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are alloy framed.

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Kahr K9 or MK9

If you're willing to consider aluminum alloy frames instead of all steel, there are also the Sigs previously mentioned (P239 and P225), a couple S&W 3rd Gens like the 3913 or CS9, and the Beretta 92 Compact Type M (tough to find, though).

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot about the kahr's. I owned a P9 way back that I sold to my younger brother.

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Not sure if these are alloy or steel: Walther P5, Beretta 92SB Compact Type M, Star Arms Model BM, S&W Model 39 through 3913.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
Not sure if these are alloy or steel: Walther P5, Beretta 92SB Compact Type M, Star Arms Model BM, S&W Model 39 through 3913.

All alluminum alloy, Star did make a compact model B in all steel I think.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Other than a 1911 type pistol, the Kahr MK9 elite 2003 came to mind. I wonder how much a p239 would weigh with a steel frame. In steel I would also recommend the CZ 75 compact. The grip is slightly thicker than the p239 but you get 6 extra rounds.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Springfield Armory EMP.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Springfield Armory EMP.

Aluminum alloy frame, not steel.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Kahr K9 or MK9. I have an MK9 and it's an excellent pistol. Better trigger from the factory than any other Kahr I've owned and that extra weight just soaks up recoil.

Also I'm fairly close to you (Just south of Elibabethtown). If you want to try my MK9, just shoot me an email.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Reading comprehension is not fairing well in this thread lol

I almost forgot STI used to make the LS series in 9. They are small super thin 1911ish guns. I had one and it was very reliable but not all have had the same experience.

Here is a picture of the one I used to own next to a Glock 43 and 42

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Springfield Armory EMP.

Only the 40 has a steel frame. He asked about 9mm pistols

posted Hide Post
quote:
Beretta 92SB Compact Type M

Alloy frame.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Star Firestar. May not fit the "quality" criteria, but mine worked ok. And I'm pretty sure the Star BM had a steel frame. Mine was a pretty nice pistol, but I had a friend that wanted to swap even for his GP100. Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you look hard enough you can find S&W 639's.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Gotta' like this if you're thinking sub-compact.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:

All alluminum alloy, Star did make a compact model B in all steel I think.

A small number of S&W M39's were made with steel frames. I believe the Les Baer Stinger is also made in 9 mm.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Dan Wesson just released a PM-C all Stainless CCO sized 1911 in 9mm. I'm contemplating selling my newly acquired nickel 226 to pick one of these up. I love CCO sized guns for carry. 1911's and Kahr pistols are all I can think of in a single stack gun that's readily available in 9mm.

I am constantly amazed at the number of times Dan Wesson guns are brought up in threads such as these. Hells bells, DW production doesn't amount to a pimple on a bulls arse.

Compare the CZ USA nuymbers for NY to the Kimber numbers right below:

https://www.atf.gov/resource-c...-2015-final/download

I have never seen a new DW offered for sale in any shop I visit.

The steel Kahr guns also seem to be hard to find anywhere other than the innerwebs as well, at least locally.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post