SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock 19X...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock 19X... Login/Join 
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The 19X is like Glock's version of the Beretta Centurion. I like it! I even like the color although it would be nice to see it in black too, especially the new Gen 5 finish which so far I have found to be excellent. Not sure why they would put a front lip on the mag well though. It is the only thing that irks me a bit. The lanyard loop I can take or leave, leaning more towards leave.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
Can you take a few pics of them all side by side for a size comparison? Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
Some comparison pics, three generations of Glock 19's, the 19X, 19.5. 19.4 and 19.3. The other is the 19x, 17.4 and 19.4.

Maybe it’s just me but the grip on the 19x looks much thicker than the other glocks, especially the top picture.

Visual illusion, same thickness.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Maybe it’s just me but the grip on the 19x looks much thicker than the other glocks, especially the top picture.

I think that may be a visual illusion. In hand it feels just like the Gen5 G17 to me.

Yeah, it's just an optical illusion. The black grips blend with the dark shadows where the gun meets the table, making the grip appear skinnier.

They're the same size. The only difference is the slight lip that protrudes from the front edge of the bottom of the G19X's grip.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's the pricing on these Glocks?

I haven't verified what Glock's MAP will be, but I expect that when I get in and put these to the floor later today our shop will be in the $600ish range.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
Can you take a few pics of them all side by side for a size comparison? Thanks

quote:
Some comparison pics, three generations of Glock 19's, the 19X, 19.5. 19.4 and 19.3. The other is the 19x, 17.4 and 19.4.

Visual illusion, same thickness.

Thx, figured that might be the case. Been thinking about getting the 17 but I might have to consider this instead.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Swapped slides with my 19.5, perfect fit...which is expected I guess lol Bored is all. Range time.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I think I may need a Gen 5 G17.
I finally accepted the idea that I shoot Glocks better than any other striker platform out there.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I haven't verified what Glock's MAP will be, but I expect that when I get in and put these to the floor later today our shop will be in the $600ish range.

TY

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I think I may need a Gen 5 G17.
I finally accepted the idea that I shoot Glocks better than any other striker platform out there.

I’ve been thinking the same thing. Absolutely love my gen 5 19. Now with the 19X, I think I may prefer 19X over the 17.5.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Does that little loop thing mean it can also be a key chain?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Does that little loop thing mean it can also be a key chain?

You mean the lanyard loop? Well, a key chain or necklace if you want to really be bad arse!

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Very nice. If it gets offered in black I may get one.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Saw one Today in person myself. I just can't stomach the butterscotch frame. Maybe when it is available in black....

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just can't stomach the butterscotch frame

Lol the "Werther's Original Glock....Grandpa never had it so good."

I see a marketing campaign Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
quote:

I think that may be a visual illusion. In hand it feels just like the Gen5 G17 to me.

The gun shop near my house has them for $619.00.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
quote:

The gun shop near my house has them for $619.00.

Just checked one out today similar pricing.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked mine up at the gun show in Richmond...$585 + tax. smooth as butter... i mean smooth as butterscotch! lol

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
are they going to be manufactured in any color other than baby poop?

I'm hoping they bring back the BFG. Cool

Posts: 143 | Registered: August 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you like it, and it's your money, but I just don't get it.

The hard part of about concealing a fullsize Glock is not the slide/barrel length, it's the grip length. If you're not concealing it then there isn't a real advantage to the shorter slide/barrel either.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather have a G17 length slide and barrel, with a G19 grip. Slightly better performance due to the longer barrel, longer sight radius for "iron" sights, and the ease of concealing from the shorter grip.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
I'm glad you like it, and it's your money, but I just don't get it.

The hard part of about concealing a fullsize Glock is not the slide/barrel length, it's the grip length. If you're not concealing it then there isn't a real advantage to the shorter slide/barrel either.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather have a G17 length slide and barrel, with a G19 grip. Slightly better performance due to the longer barrel, longer sight radius for "iron" sights, and the ease of concealing from the shorter grip.
Just my 2 cents. YMMV.

I too agree about the difficulty in concealing a fullsize pistol of any manufacturer but we have to remember this wasnt meant to be a concealed carry piece. It was designed for the military contract and I'm pretty sure printing is of little concern...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post