SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock 19X...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock 19X... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well after pre-ordering one several weeks ago, I found it today it shipped. Looking forward to playing with this one. Some of my previous glocks have gotten the $.25 trigger job. For those that have shot it, do you feel like the trigger needs any work?

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
Well after pre-ordering one several weeks ago, I found it today it shipped. Looking forward to playing with this one. Some of my previous glocks have gotten the $.25 trigger job. For those that have shot it, do you feel like the trigger needs any work?

Nope, trigger is excellent and no need to do anything to the gun. Interesting, when I disassembled all the trigger components, they had put copper grease on all the main friction areas of the trigger housing and connector. First glock I’ve had that this was done to, including my gen 5 19.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good to hear, can't wait to get and shoot it.

I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
The OEM NS on my G19X were the first thing I removed and sold.
I prefer Ameriglo/Trijicon/Dawson depending on use.

Just curious JBP, could you expand on this? Which ones for which duty?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
The OEM NS on my G19X were the first thing I removed and sold.
I prefer Ameriglo/Trijicon/Dawson depending on use.

Just curious JBP, could you expand on this? Which ones for which duty?

Black rear with small FO front for range and NS with small front with little light in rear for HD and Carry.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Received my two G19X 19rd magazines today and am looking forward to using them in my G19.4

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
I know there has been some discussion on how Glock got it wrong with this gun, specifically for cc. Well, it was designed for the Army's MHS competition so I don't think cc was the idea here. I know we are all built differently but I am able to carry the 19X in my appendix carry Incog without much issue. I like that the barrel doesn't dig into my private parts but I have the extra rounds, 17+1 with a 19 round back-up. It helps of course to carry it this way.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I ended up picking up a 19X yesterday. The LGS had one 19X left for $625. I had been thinking about it for a week or so. I figured when you consider that it comes with night sights, it wasn't a bad deal. I had been skeptical about the size of the gun when it initially came out but after holding one a while back, it felt nicely balanced and I realized that the full-length grip and 4" barrel is no different than some of my other favorite striker-fired pistols, including the Walther PPQ and HK VP9 which are very close in size to the 19X (with fewer rounds). I also tend to favor the 1911 Commander over the Government. I think this one will work out for me. It was nice to see that the lanyard loop is easily removable. I didn't like it. It's just a heavy-duty grip plug though.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
I know there has been some discussion on how Glock got it wrong with this gun, specifically for cc. Well, it was designed for the Army's MHS competition so I don't think cc was the idea here. I know we are all built differently but I am able to carry the 19X in my appendix carry Incog without much issue. I like that the barrel doesn't dig into my private parts but I have the extra rounds, 17+1 with a 19 round back-up. It helps of course to carry it this way.

I agree with you. Anything larger than a compact barrel will dig into me as well. The 19x is no more difficult to carry/conceal than my 229 or 320 compact and lighter than both as indicated by pictures earlier in this thread. Does it conceal as well as the 19, No. but I like the option and the purchase of the 19x at speed is better for me than my 19. For me I can carry this no problem, probably won't in the summer but easy this time of year.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Where the hell are you guys putting your dick?

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
^^^^^
Where the hell are you guys putting your dick?

You thread it through the trigger guard...

Eek

I don’t think I have the balls to appendix carry.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally shot my 19x today. The trigger reset did feel a little shorter than my gen3/4 glocks. The pistol shot great, consistent out of the box. I tend to shoot my gen4 17 left, the 19x was spot on. Overall I was very impressed with the feel of the gun, trigger, and felt recoil.

posted Hide Post
Got one yesterday. I love it. I think it feels excellent in the hand, very balanced. The finish is beautiful and I really hope it holds up better than the pvd that you get on a legion from Sig. Thats my only concern. I removed the lanyard loop immediately but I think I’ll leave everything else alone, I find the gen5 triggers to be excellent right out of the box and I love the smooth face triggers. I Wish I had listened and replaced my serrated ones sooner.

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I got to handle one today and WOW! That was the best feeling Glock I've ever held. Balanced like a P228 and the grip was dare I say.....ergonomic. Eek

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I got to handle one today and WOW! That was the best feeling Glock I've ever held. Balanced like a P228 and the grip was dare I say.....ergonomic. Eek

Good ergonomics and glock in the same sentence doesn't compute to many people. I tell people that and I just get a blank stare, lol.

It does feel great, it's become my favorite glock.

posted Hide Post
I handled one today. The dealer says he is selling them as fast has he gets them. I do not own any Glocks. I loved the way it felt. I like the idea of a full size grip and a shorter slide. Kind of like a Colt Commander. The only reason I did not buy it on the spot was the color. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. That color brings back a lot of nasty memories. The dealer said he thinks they will bring it out in the standard finish. Has anyone heard about that? If I see one in the regular Glock finish, I will buy it.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Considered it several times. I do love the 19 round magazines, I bought 2 poop colored ones and then converted a number of G17 mags.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really want one but I am not a fan of the color. I hope they decide to make a black version at some point.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Anyone removed/replaced the lanyard ring on it yet ?

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post