SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock 19X...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock 19X... Login/Join 
Picture of gunguru123
posted
My LGS received their first three in today and I already knew I wanted one. The gun looks great, the slide is more of a bronze color to me and being it isn't cerakoted, might hold up more over time. It came with three mags, one is a 17 rounder while the other two have the extensions. It comes with night sights and the lanyard ring!!! That needs to come off lol Overall, love the looks, the grip, etc. Of course I own two Gen 5 Glocks, a 17 and 19 so I knew I would like the grip. No range time until late next week unfortunately Frown

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I like the concept. Thanks for the report and great images!

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photos. My gunshop finally got a few in today. I'm really enamored with the feel and balance. If they make this in black, it'll do well in the LE market. This is probably next on my list, along with a Gen 5 G34. I like the upgrades a lot.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol. Waiting on my dealer to call.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!, It looks great I bet it shoots even better.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Just shot one today (19X). Loved it...so I put my money where my mouth is and bought one...

Also bought a G19.5 as well...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Just shot one today (19X). Loved it...so I put my money where my mouth is and bought one...

Also bought a G19.5 as well...

Awesome! I was carrying my 19.5 today into the shop and the 19x fits right into my Incog, as it should. The handle sticking out further isn't that much of a deal really. I suppose it could be depending on the outfit but this gun feels good, balanced.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this thing is really starting to grow on me.
I was planning on getting a 19.5 in the next few months but I may have to go the 19x route.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We received our first batch today. I surprised myself and find that I like it more than I thought I would. The slide finish reminds me of the Ionbond finish on my Colt M45A1. Looks pretty good, now I have to shoot one and see how that goes. I didn't think that I'd buy one, but that may now be a real possibility.

EDIT: I should add that after all these years of staring at countless black Glock cases in the face, just looking at one in baby poop is strangely alluring. That oddity alone is almost enough to make me buy the gun. Almost.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: soggy_spinout,

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
Some comparison pics, three generations of Glock 19's, the 19X, 19.5. 19.4 and 19.3. The other is the 19x, 17.4 and 19.4.

Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Can you take a few pics of them all side by side for a size comparison? Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by gunguru123:
Some comparison pics, three generations of Glock 19's, the 19X, 19.5. 19.4 and 19.3. The other is the 19x, 17.4 and 19.4.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
God I hope we never go to war with Canada or Finland. Smile

Can somebody educate me on why this would be better (barring the cool factor/military submission etc.) Then just running a Gen 5 19 with G17 Mags with grip extensions??

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

Can somebody educate me on why this would be better (barring the cool factor/military submission etc.) Then just running a Gen 5 19 with G17 Mags with grip extensions??

I don't know, the gun was made for the military and I assume they didn't want to use grip extensions. Full sized mags was a better alternative is my guess.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

I suspect it comes down to whatever was specified in the request for proposal and it was Glock that had to pay to make this gun happen.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I like everything about except the color..
Is that racist? Eek

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Full sized mags was a better alternative is my guess.

Certainly no chance of getting compact and full size mags mixed up.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
are they going to be manufactured in any color other than baby poop?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
Can you take a few pics of them all side by side for a size comparison? Thanks

quote:

Maybe it’s just me but the grip on the 19x looks much thicker than the other glocks, especially the top picture.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe it’s just me but the grip on the 19x looks much thicker than the other glocks, especially the top picture.

I think that may be a visual illusion. In hand it feels just like the Gen5 G17 to me.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

I think that may be a visual illusion. In hand it feels just like the Gen5 G17 to me.

What's the pricing on these Glocks?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post