SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock 19X...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock 19X... Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
When this comes out in black, I will have one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put me on the list for a black one if the ever release one.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
Nope, trigger is excellent and no need to do anything to the gun. Interesting, when I disassembled all the trigger components, they had put copper grease on all the main friction areas of the trigger housing and connector. First glock I’ve had that this was done to, including my gen 5 19.

Glock ships all their pistols from the factory with copper antiseize.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else notice the 19X has smoother trigger than Gen 5 19? I'm not talking about lighter pull, I handles two random 19X out the box at LGS, they both have smoother trigger than my Gen 5 19, not possible if they are basically the same.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Glock is a Glock on the what your trigger may be . I was going to Rit dye my frame , and get the slide done in black nitrate . done

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I got one from my local Blue Label dealer. I thought I would have to order one and wait buy low and behold there was one in stock so I grabbed it. Happy Birthday to me. Love it so far but won't get to shoot it for a couple of weeks yet. Too much going on. It joins my Gen5 G19 and Gen5 G26 that I have been carrying.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I find my Gen 5’s my 19.5 and 17.5 to have the same smooth trigger pull as the 19x, no difference at all...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Interesting about Glock using anti-seize on the trigger pieces; I too haven't come across that previously except in a few instances where it appeared that Glock got sloppy and there was an overuse of A-S and some incidental overage got onto other parts. Glock usually confines the stuff to the slide and rail areas.

Well...since I have this HUGE bottle of Loctite C5A just sitting around not doing much but watching the dust settle on its cap...

In handling 19Xs and Gen5s, I also feel that the 19X trigger is generally a bit cleaner than its close cousins, but they're still close. Both are definitely a step up from the mushy Gen4 (albeit it's "a somewhat smaller than what I'd like" kind of step).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
someone on glocktalk tried switching the slides between 19.5 and 19x, the smoothness seems to follow the slide.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
If it had the thumb safety, I'd buy one...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post