SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a new Glock 19X...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a new Glock 19X... Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Nice! I will wait for the eventual all black version and hopefully threaded barrel.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of getting one for a suppressor host, full grip and short slide. Should help with the extra weight of the suppressor, better balance.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Really had little to no interest in the 19X especially in the tan/gold color but I just test fired one. Color me impressed! Really nice balance and easy shooting. I want one now.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, but what does this gun do for the military that a G17 wouldn't do ever so slightly better? The shorter barrel with the longer grip seems somewhat bassackwards.

quote:
Originally posted by Tompow:

I too agree about the difficulty in concealing a fullsize pistol of any manufacturer but we have to remember this wasnt meant to be a concealed carry piece. It was designed for the military contract and I'm pretty sure printing is of little concern...

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Remember, this wasn’t a blank sheet design by Glock. It was designed to meet requirements set by the Army. Among those were a desire to replace both the M9 and M11 with one pistol. Sig met that goal by offering two different size slides. Glock simply offered the shorter slide as the sole option. It is worth note that both versions of the Sig MHS pistol use the full grip length Carry frame. Army wanted more than 15 rounds, so they got a 17 frame. I don’t think that the grip printing was very high on the Army’s list of concerns.

I’m not interested in the 19x. It doesn’t do anything for me that my current 17 and 19 don’t. If it were the actual MHS pistol with manual safety and markings I might want one just as an oddity, but I’m not planning on dropping any money on this particular model any time soon

I also won’t argue with anyone who thinks it’s the coolest thing ever and wants one immediately. After all, I already have a deposit down for a p385. Different strokes and all that.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am #1 on the waiting list at my LGS.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Price,Value,Balance .Not necessarily in that order.
You vid reviews say the balance is intoxicating ! Well maybe they used the term intriguing ?
$594 for a Glock 19 with 3 mags 1 17rd ,2X 20rd mags , a narrower std grip , with optional grips adds, a more accurate upgraded barrel, Std Night sights, plus I thought the trigger was better .
YMMV Cheers ! Mike

Posts: 187 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I agree the trigger felt slightly better and the balance was great.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I was NOT interested in this pistol. I didn't understand it. I saw one today. It is the best feeling Glock in my hand I have ever felt. It just makes sense, once you have it in your hand. I didn't go in there to look at the 19X, but I did end up buying one for $599. Seemed expensive at first, but you do get an extra mag, night sights, and two plus 2 extensions. I could care less about the color and would probably prefer a black one.

But I can honestly say, I haven't been as excited about a handgun as this gun in a long time. It just feels so darn good in the hand.

The gen 5 G19 is a pile of junk compared to this (with the stupid cutout) that ruins the grip.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
How does shooting the 19x compare to the Gen 5 17? I would think that the extra length of the 17 would make it a slightly better shooter at the range.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I hope to shoot mine this weekend. Im actually replacing the sights with the ameirglos I have on all my glocks. The operator ones with the orange outline front

I also bought a gen 5 34 MOS...that gets tall night sights for the MOS

I like the feel of it a lot more than I thought I would as well

I carry a regular 19, and really like both it and the 17

Second I can get a gen 5 26 I will

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know where/when we will be able to purchase extra 19X magazines? By this I mean the coyote tan magazine with or without the +2 extension.

Posts: 12 | Registered: February 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67Shelby:
Does anybody know where/when we will be able to purchase extra 19X magazines? By this I mean the coyote tan magazine with or without the +2 extension.

keep us posted on this if you find out... maybe a new thread...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
FYI-- the lanyard loop pops out just like a grip plug.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

Hated it the first couple of days, but its seemed to have grown on me... BUT good to know! thanks!

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tompow:
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

Hated it the first couple of days, but its seemed to have grown on me... BUT good to know! thanks!

I was just going to cut it off, but then realized that it was being held in the small hole at the bottom of the grip.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
How does shooting the 19x compare to the Gen 5 17? I would think that the extra length of the 17 would make it a slightly better shooter at the range.

I have only been to the range once with the G19X and I shot the Gen 5 G17 slightly better at 25 yards. Will try again as soon as I put better sights on the G19X.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Got to handle one at a local shop. I liked it very much and would have picked it up except they had it priced at $699. With tax, OTD would have been $757. Oy vey!

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine Friday. Here in CT it came with 3 10 round gen 3 mags and Glock night sights. Put 350 rounds thru it today . 200 of Sig 115 fmj, and 150 Fed Am Eagle 115 fmj. Flawless.
Always loved the G17 grip especially the Gen 5 without the grooves. For me the balance of the 19x is just incredible. I love the FDE as well.
This pistol is awesome

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Got mine Friday. Here in CT it came with 3 10 round gen 3 mags and Glock night sights. Put 350 rounds thru it today . 200 of Sig 115 fmj, and 150 Fed Am Eagle 115 fmj. Flawless.
Always loved the G17 grip especially the Gen 5 without the grooves. For me the balance of the 19x is just incredible. I love the FDE as well.
This pistol is awesome

So far I think every review mentions the balance as being awesome. While I haven shot one yet, I did hold one and it felt great. Mine arrives on Wed. Can’t wait to shoot it.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post