SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taking the pulse of the 320 owners re: voluntary upgrade
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking the pulse of the 320 owners re: voluntary upgrade Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I do the same thing. I guess my point is that complaints about the process of recall/upgrade don’t seem very valid when in essence you just don’t like the gun and that dislike appears to have colored your opinion on Sig’s process.

Their process is as painless as any manufacturer could make it and yet the complaints are still rolling in. Reality is, no action whatsoever would make some people happy on this event.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If someone doesn't like the platform, then you're right; no turn time or fix by sig is going to make them like it.

I bought a number of P320's largely because of this circus; that is to say, I was planning on buying one or two, but now own a number of them due to the fact that good deals occurred when people wanted out of the P320. In fact, I'm waiting for a FCU to reach my FFL presently, to complete a new pistol made up of an exchange kit...and will be the latest 320 on the shelf (a subcompact 9mm).

That said, I really like the platform, and my boys really like it, too (not too objective on their part, as they like anything that shoots). I've purchased a lot of P320 magazines this summer, and hope to do some local steel shoots with them this winter.

I'm not happy on this event. Not happy with Sig, not happy with the way it's been conducted, not happy with the way it was hidden, revealed, admitted, or handled, and the turn time doesn't fix that. I'm not happy with the false advertising, the denial, or any other aspect of it. I'm not happy with Sig in general, and the speed of the turn time right now won't fix that.

It won't stop me from owning or shooting Sig products, but the reality is what it is.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I talked to Sig and got the response that they want us to remove any aftermarket sights, I.e night sights or fiber optics. Anyone sent their pistol in with sights have issues? What about stipples frames?

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I talked to Sig and got the response that they want us to remove any aftermarket sights, I.e night sights or fiber optics. Anyone sent their pistol in with sights have issues? What about stipples frames?

Just received two of my 320s back from Sig; both were sent to them with Ameriglo Hackathorn sights, and both came back with them still on them. No issues.

Russell420

Posts: 65 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My NS were factory, but it did go in with a Talon stick on grip. Also came back with it on. No issues. And I sent it in dirty. Had about 1K rounds through it without cleaning. And it came back dirty lol.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not removing sights.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The only reason I can see for Sig asking to remove aftermarket sights is in case they interfere with however they secure the slide in the milling machine. Unless you have some type of large aftermarket sights I don't see how else it would be a problem.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The only reason I can see for Sig asking to remove aftermarket sights is in case they interfere with however they secure the slide in the milling machine. Unless you have some type of large aftermarket sights I don't see how else it would be a problem.

This is probably why, and other than that it may only be a lawyers CYA.

I've unstickied the P320 "info" thread, it's clear enough anyone who needs info on the P320 business is, has it.

We'll move on to just hearing from people who've received the pistols back.

IF you just don't like the P320, mind your business. IF you want to mull over any manor of butthurt about the P320 drop safety issue, just go reread the nearly 90 page thread instead of rehashing it.

I haven't gotten any communication about my P320, just a bunch of spam from Sig since registering for the recall.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm in "The upgrade is much ado about nothing" camp. Sure, I would obviously prefer that the pistol be 100% drop safe, but the likelihood that my gun actually gets dropped, and at the necessary height and angle to cause a discharge, is so remote that it's definitely not keeping me up at night. I have Series 70 1911s that are far less drop safe than my P320, and I still shoot those all the time and even carry them occasionally.

I like the trigger on my P320, and if making it 100% drop safe would somehow compromise that, I would personally opt to leave it alone. That said, mine is an agency issued weapon, so it is getting replaced. Thankfully it sounds like the upgrade doesn't have any negative impact on the trigger pull.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't worried about my P320 being unsafe but figured there was no downside to sending it in. If nothing else it will probably help resale value. It was received by Sig last Friday.

I bought mine because I liked the option of changing calibers and frames, etc. Turns out caliber exchange kits are vaporware and too expensive when they can be found.

Truthfully, mine is probably going to be replaced by an M&P 2.0 Compact.

Cliff
FPD ret., USN ret., NRA Lifer

Posts: 45 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:

Here's the thing. Customer service is one thing. Most customer service reps actually aren't shooters. They have a playbook. They follow the playbook. Some reps are good, some are not. There is a long standing wives tale that if you send your gun in with XYZ, the company will keep your stuff and send it back stock, because of liabilities, and lawyers and whatnot.

It is still theft. Every gun manufacturer I have ever had contact with on a return says something similar. If you send your gun in, and they want to send it back to you stock, they will place your aftermarket parts in a little baggie and return them to you. Why? Because not doing so is theft, and a PR nightmare.

I would not be surprised that somewhere a CS rep told people to remove NS. Here while back, we had a credible poster that was told by SIG CS that the internals on his 226 Legion were Grayguns custom, and the gun came with a GGI trigger job. When in fact, the gun originally came with only a GGI trigger, and now comes with a MIM'd copy of one. Wow. Talk about knowing your product. Or lack there of.

But, long way around the barn, it is theft if they keep your stuff.

I would agree about removing any type of doctor optic. That would just be smart business.

They tell you remove your aftermarket stuff or the lawyer Gods will keep them because of liability Booga Booga simply so it is stuff they don't have to keep up with. They are more afraid of losing your stuff than liability. Similar to why they tell you to not send in any magazines. They aren't worried about liability, they are worried about losing it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I haven't gotten any communication about my P320, just a bunch of spam from Sig since registering for the recall.

Same here but I did wait several weeks to register in order to allow those who actually needed their pistols to get ahead in line.
I am certain they will be sending me a label in the future.

Not directed at you arc but it appears nowadays there are those who have little patience and expect immediate gratification.
I learned a long time ago that the anticipation is often much greater than the actual reward (maybe I'll change my sigline).

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
I am a combination of #2 and #3.

I am probably going to register it and send it in but I am waiting until I start seeing reports on how the trigger is afyer the mods.

I am comfortable with keeping it as is and just not drop it at a 30 degree angle.

Now that people are reporting on the post mod results (very favorable) I will register and send mine in.

For the posters who felt that some of us who decided to wait were overthinking this I disagree. I was not thinking much about it at all. I am comfortable with my 320 as is and if others had positive reviews of the mods then I would probably send mine in.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:

Same here but I did wait several weeks to register in order to allow those who actually needed their pistols to get ahead in line.
I am certain they will be sending me a label in the future.

Not directed at you arc but it appears nowadays there are those who have little patience and expect immediate gratification.
I learned a long time ago that the anticipation is often much greater than the actual reward (maybe I'll change my sigline).

If anyone cares to wade back through that really long thread, much of what I said basically was this:

This sort of thing happens to gun companies, and it's not a big deal.

Plenty of people may decide not to "upgrade," and while I don't see it as explicitly necessary myself, I only bought a P320c with the purpose of carrying it, so I'd like it to be current. If it were range only, I wouldn't bother.

At some point, I'll get my communications about sending it back, I'm absolutely in no rush. Generally speaking though, if you're a company and you got my email address because of a recall, don't spam me. That sort of thing will really peeve the folks who spent lots of time being bent out of shape already.

I might go by my local fun shop, and see if he's got any more P320s in the back, and ask him to hold one. I'd really like to pull the old and new trigger side by side.

When I got my P320c, I took it out with one of the G17s, as I don't own a 19. Man, I haven't been so excited about a modern gun in forever, and the P320 is that good.

I shoot my Glocks well, and comparatively, the P320 is a surgical tool in my hand. If it was a turd, I wouldn't shy from saying so. As such, if the modified trigger is crap, I will report as much. I don't think that will be the case, and no one has reported it so.

I'm more than optimistic that the P320 is here to stay, and will be Glocks main competition.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:

If anyone cares to wade back through that really long thread, much of what I said basically was this:

This sort of thing happens to gun companies, and it's not a big deal.

Plenty of people may decide not to "upgrade," and while I don't see it as explicitly necessary myself, I only bought a P320c with the purpose of carrying it, so I'd like it to be current. If it were range only, I wouldn't bother.

At some point, I'll get my communications about sending it back, I'm absolutely in no rush. Generally speaking though, if you're a company and you got my email address because of a recall, don't spam me. That sort of thing will really peeve the folks who spent lots of time being bent out of shape already.

I might go by my local fun shop, and see if he's got any more P320s in the back, and ask him to hold one. I'd really like to pull the old and new trigger side by side.

When I got my P320c, I took it out with one of the G17s, as I don't own a 19. Man, I haven't been so excited about a modern gun in forever, and the P320 is that good.

I shoot my Glocks well, and comparatively, the P320 is a surgical tool in my hand. If it was a turd, I wouldn't shy from saying so. As such, if the modified trigger is crap, I will report as much. I don't think that will be the case, and no one has reported it so.

I'm more than optimistic that the P320 is here to stay, and will be Glocks main competition.

I agree with what you stated.
After adjusting some initial tolerance issues and installing a small grip module my 320 has proven to be one extremely reliable and very accurate pistol.
With the reports on this board mentioning that the trigger is not negatively affected by the updated parts and essentially no other changes being made, I will be sending mine in upon receiving the shipping label.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post