SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Steyr SA1 or CA1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steyr SA1 or CA1 Login/Join 
posted
Currently, I am looking to purchase either the CA-1 or the SA-1 Steyr. I would like to know opinions about the Steyr pistols especially the two mentioned and in particular, their triggers. Obviously, the CA is the Compact version and SA the Sub-Compact, so how do they fair, which one is better for carry? Please offer your opinions and experiences.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
My buddy has a Steyr. I don't recall the exact model. I find the ergos and the trigger to be very good and the factory sights work surprisingly well. Overall, it's a well made firearm.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
i own 5 Steyr pistols, they have a great factory trigger. some say they would like the reset to be more tactile, but i have never had a complaint. the reset is very short and trigger is light and crisp. i carry a customized C9-A1 as my EDC pistol. love me some Steyrs.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had 3. The full sized, S and C models. All were excellent and I love the trapezoid sights.
Bitch was finding a holster. They're out there but you'll have to order instead of going to your LGS.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sub compact only holds 10 rounds in 9mm but it should hold more. I’ve heard of people taking .40 mags and putting the 9mm springs/followers in them to get a few more rounds in the gun.
Either way you’ll love the gun, I’m a big fan of my L9-A1

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I have the S9A1. Great gun but only 10 rounds. Conceals like you'd expect a Glock 26 to conceal.

The C9 is the same gun with a longer grip and a larger capacity.

To my thinking ... the S9 with spare C or M 9 magazines would the very best of many worlds.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has the compact model. I’ve shot it a couple of time and was very impressed.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post