SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Security-9 Pistol, Should I?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Security-9 Pistol, Should I? Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Ruger Security-9 Pistol anyone try one of these. LGS sell them for $319. Thinking about picking one up. Hickok45 seems to like them.

Posts: 2674 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Essentially a larger version of an LCP. Seems like a good buy. And Ruger will fix it if it does not run. I think I have seen them advertised online a little cheaper than 320.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15973 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I have one and I like it quite a bit. I don't have just a whole heckuva lot of rounds through it at this point, maybe 250-300, but so far it has been reliable. It fits my hand very well and is really comfortable to shoot. My LGS does an annual Ruger sale and I got mine for around $300. Well worth it at that price, IMO.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't expect to be impressed, but I don't think a Ruger is ever a bad idea. I have shot the Security 9, but I felt the American was just a $300 pistol.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1858 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven’t bought one yet, but it feels amazingly good in my hand, and excellent reviews abound.
Look at it this way, if you don’t like it, you’ll likely lose $50 if you sell it, vs the hundreds you’d likely lose on a much more expensive pistol. I’d sure ( and I probably will) gamble on this one.
Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Picked the Ruger Security-9 up today. Size wise it is very close to my Gen 4 Glock 19. Probably a good decision on Ruger's part. I'm getting 23.6 OZ for weight with my scale unloaded with magazine in. Again very close to a Glock 19. The grip and the trigger feels a little better to me than my Gen 4 G19. Be interesting to see if it is as reliable as a G19.

Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skipper49:
Haven’t bought one yet, but it feels amazingly good in my hand, and excellent reviews abound.
Look at it this way, if you don’t like it, you’ll likely lose $50 if you sell it, vs the hundreds you’d likely lose on a much more expensive pistol. I’d sure ( and I probably will) gamble on this one.
Skip
I agree and the fact that Hickok45 actually bought one with his own money got me to looking at the Security 9 a lot more. It is not often you see a subtle endorsement like that from Hickok45.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of god guns you can get these days in the 300-399 range. What is the intended purpose?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It always pays to have a spare gun . I think the price is right and Ruger will get the job done , get it.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post