SIGforum
Ruger Security-9 Pistol, Should I?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6430020844

October 07, 2018, 12:01 PM
Jelly
Ruger Security-9 Pistol, Should I?
Ruger Security-9 Pistol anyone try one of these. LGS sell them for $319. Thinking about picking one up. Hickok45 seems to like them.

October 07, 2018, 12:38 PM
YooperSigs
Essentially a larger version of an LCP. Seems like a good buy. And Ruger will fix it if it does not run. I think I have seen them advertised online a little cheaper than 320.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 07, 2018, 12:50 PM
Mike S
I have one and I like it quite a bit. I don't have just a whole heckuva lot of rounds through it at this point, maybe 250-300, but so far it has been reliable. It fits my hand very well and is really comfortable to shoot. My LGS does an annual Ruger sale and I got mine for around $300. Well worth it at that price, IMO.
October 07, 2018, 02:23 PM
BuddyChryst
I wouldn't expect to be impressed, but I don't think a Ruger is ever a bad idea. I have shot the Security 9, but I felt the American was just a $300 pistol.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
October 08, 2018, 10:10 PM
skipper49
Haven’t bought one yet, but it feels amazingly good in my hand, and excellent reviews abound.
Look at it this way, if you don’t like it, you’ll likely lose $50 if you sell it, vs the hundreds you’d likely lose on a much more expensive pistol. I’d sure ( and I probably will) gamble on this one.
Skip
October 08, 2018, 10:42 PM
Jelly
Picked the Ruger Security-9 up today. Size wise it is very close to my Gen 4 Glock 19. Probably a good decision on Ruger's part. I'm getting 23.6 OZ for weight with my scale unloaded with magazine in. Again very close to a Glock 19. The grip and the trigger feels a little better to me than my Gen 4 G19. Be interesting to see if it is as reliable as a G19.
October 08, 2018, 10:54 PM
Jelly
quote:
Originally posted by skipper49:
Haven’t bought one yet, but it feels amazingly good in my hand, and excellent reviews abound.
Look at it this way, if you don’t like it, you’ll likely lose $50 if you sell it, vs the hundreds you’d likely lose on a much more expensive pistol. I’d sure ( and I probably will) gamble on this one.
Skip
I agree and the fact that Hickok45 actually bought one with his own money got me to looking at the Security 9 a lot more. It is not often you see a subtle endorsement like that from Hickok45.
October 09, 2018, 04:49 PM
Dusty78
There are a lot of god guns you can get these days in the 300-399 range. What is the intended purpose?

October 09, 2018, 06:05 PM
triaxle
It always pays to have a spare gun . I think the price is right and Ruger will get the job done , get it.