SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SB Arm Brace Range Conversation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SB Arm Brace Range Conversation Login/Join 
posted
At my local range today I asked 1 of the managerial staff if I bought a CZ scorpion pistol with the SB tactical brace cannot shoulder it at the range. He said yes but only with the SIG brace. I explained to him that SIG does not make the brace and the letter was sent to Mike Barnes at SB tactical. He agreed with me and then I asked him I was shooting between 2 County police officers today and what would they do. He stated they would do what their headquarters told him to do which is he does not know and it may be too soon for all local law enforcement to be aware of the issue.

Some police departments may not accept the letter and they still claim it is a violation of state law since some states have bands on particular weapons.

I have never shot one and was wondering how comfortable are these braces if you shoulder them since they are not permanently attached?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
The policy at my range is shoulder at your own risk. Lots of former and off duty leo work there and Harris county sheriffs dont care what you do with your brace. They do however get visited by Atf periodically and if you are shouldering and they see it they may take action. No one has been arrested as of yet and the staff walks the range to inform customers of the the atf visit.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
The decision was reversed again anyway.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Just use the arguement that handguns are meant to be fired one handed so using both hands is illegal. See what they say.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Eh, I can see doing that to a politician with military or LEO experience. I think running that argument past a working LEO just might be a way of telling that LEO that you really need a little extra attention and that you've got plenty of spare time on your hands.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Stop asking anyone! The current answer is in our favor, just leave it at that.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
Stop asking anyone! The current answer is in our favor, just leave it at that.

This^^^^

Leave it alone, if you are worried about it don't shoulder it.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post