SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there a "safe date" for P365 manufacture?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a "safe date" for P365 manufacture? Login/Join 
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reginaldcrumpepper:
quote:
Originally posted by reginaldcrumpepper:
If one isn't shooting the p365 right now, right now, one is missing all the fun. Smile

They are accurate, and reliable, and great fun. Mine has been shot a way over 1000 times without issue. If nervous about reliability don't carry it, don't count on it in a gunfight.

If the trigger quits, the spring is trivial to replace. If the striker breaks Sig will fix it for free. After it breaks, and Sig sends it back, one will be some more confident in the pistol, and after further shooting and other shooter reports, one can finally carry the pistol. Enjoy shooting the pistol whilst waiting for it to become "proven". Makes sense to me..... Wink

That makes no sense to me.

If I were to buy one of these, and I have said recently it would be a year to 2 out (now probably never), it would be to test it out, have it work, and then put it into immediate rotation for specific purpose.

Not to be a "range toy" or to wait for it to be "proven out." It should have been proven out before release. Period.

Fixing it for "free"- is that supposed to be something exceptional? Not in my book.

Sig has screwed up here, royally.

Those of you who got them, great for you guys. I hope your models don't have issues. But I will not be joining your ranks. This has gotten past the point of just a little ridiculous IMO.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is pretty hard to find a new model semi auto from any manufacturer that has not had some startup issues. Kahr, Ruger, Glock, Remmington, Kimber and S&W, just to name a few.
Those who wish to wait a few years to find "perfection" in their carry gun are most likely 1911 fans.
To answer what is a "safe date"? That's up to you but personally I own two of these little marvels and carry one of them daily.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
June 1, 2021

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, lets see now. I have been following the P365 issues since its introduction.

I know of one individual who experienced a broken striker twice and one other individual who experienced a dead trigger twice. Both these P365 owners sent their guns back to SIG to get fixed after the initial failure and experienced the exact same failure after they got them back. SIG could not "fix" the problem even after they knew it existed.

I know of one individual who experienced a broken striker after shooting over 1900 rounds and another who experienced a dead trigger after shooting over 1500 rounds. So how many rounds does a P365 owner have to shoot before their pistol is "proven"? Two thousand? Shooting 2000 rounds to vet a carry pistol will increase its cost by around $400.

I know of one owner of a P365 with a June 17 build date that just experienced a dead trigger after around 140 rounds. Based on that, it would seem that SIG has not yet figured out a reliable fix for that known issue.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Is the build date on the 365 or just the box?

Posts: 1549 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Is the build date on the 365 or just the box?

Only on the box as far as I know

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Thanks Warpig, so a used P365 with no box would be a tough decision to buy.

Posts: 1549 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:I know of one individual who experienced a broken striker after shooting over 1900 rounds and another who experienced a dead trigger after shooting over 1500 rounds. So how many rounds does a P365 owner have to shoot before their pistol is "proven"? Two thousand? Shooting 2000 rounds to vet a carry pistol will increase its cost by around $400.

At what point does "breaking in" become "wearing out" on a small pistol like this? I have no way of proving it, but I'd bet the overwhelming majority of P365 buyers (not on this board) will NEVER shoot even 1000 rounds. Their pistols will function exactly as they expect them to.

That's not an excuse for substandard parts, but the reality of the market in which Sig sells pistols.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Shoot 2K rounds through a modern pistol shouldn't remotely be close to 'wearing it out'. At most it should be a recoil spring change.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
At what point does "breaking in" become "wearing out" on a small pistol like this? I have no way of proving it, but I'd bet the overwhelming majority of P365 buyers (not on this board) will NEVER shoot even 1000 rounds. Their pistols will function exactly as they expect them to.

That's not an excuse for substandard parts, but the reality of the market in which Sig sells pistols.

That line of thinking also makes an extremely strong argument for the thing to work right out of the box, period. It shouldn't take a few thousand rounds through a gun to know whether it's going to shit the bed, and any pistol that's designed for defensive purposes shouldn't be anywhere close to "wearing out" at a thousand or two thousand rounds.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:I know of one individual who experienced a broken striker after shooting over 1900 rounds and another who experienced a dead trigger after shooting over 1500 rounds. So how many rounds does a P365 owner have to shoot before their pistol is "proven"? Two thousand? Shooting 2000 rounds to vet a carry pistol will increase its cost by around $400.

Bingo. Sig is literally hoping people dont shoot them enough to find out.

Sadly its true, most people won't shoot them that often and I think that's why we see so few complaints outside of the gun world. I bet 90% of people who buy the P365 won't shoot more than 500 rounds through it in 10 years. I know the type personally. They buy their carry guns, shoot 50 rounds through it and carry it forever, maybe putting another box through every year or so.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Id probably hold off for another year or so regardless.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Shoot 2K rounds through a modern pistol shouldn't remotely be close to 'wearing it out'. At most it should be a recoil spring change.

I'm not arguing with you, but I seriously doubt my LCP would last that long. That thing felt flimsy out of the box.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I'm not arguing with you, but I seriously doubt my LCP would last that long. That thing felt flimsy out of the box.

I understand where you are coming from, but my original LCP has at least 2K and aside from a failure to go into battery once near the end of a 300rds torture session (hot and dirty by that point) after coming back from the LCP recall, it's never failed me. And I could have limped it as I was shooting one handed and then it never happened again.

But I know I've been spoiled by reliable firearms - my first handgun (P220 W. German) has malfunctioned once in 7K rounds, and that was after 10 years of use. So I grew up expecting guns to just work with minimal excuses.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Id probably hold off for another year or so regardless.
Yeah, used you have no idea if they are just unloaded it because it's a POS or what.

posted Hide Post
I looked at them in the shops , I was thinking no way.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ran a break in check on the B on D 07/10/18 p365 ... 200 rounds and not a single issue. I've ordered two more mags making five total and at the end of this week when they arrive, I'll perform a 500 rd non-stop function test only adding lube to the slide as I go.

When the test is completed I'll call it good or not for my daily carry. It's not a high millage range gun, it's not a target pistol and it's not that much fun putting 200 or I suspect 500 rounds through it in one range session, but it's just about the perfect size and weight for carry.

So far, the sky has not fallen, the ice caps melted or anyone has sailed off the flat edge of the earth since I purchased it ... I suspect I'll be just fine in the long run with my new P365.

Don't you just love an optimist ...lol

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My I just got my P365 a couple weeks ago. It has a May build date, and I've fired about 650 rounds through it to date. I've experienced at least one failure to extract for about every 50 rounds fired. A couple times, it got through 100, and then did it in the next 50. Each time, the spent case remains in the chamber, with another round attempting to feed in (a double feed). I've used a mix of 115 gr. and 124 gr. Remington, Blazer brass, Win white box , Speer Gold Dot, and Win Ranger SXT. I think I'm going to call SIG and try to send it back rather than wasting more ammo. I'd note that the extractor looks ok and has tension. On the positive side, I've not had a dead trigger, a failure to feed, stovepipe, or failure to go into battery, when shooting with either strong or weak hand.

Posts: 79 | Location: Wooster, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear about a 365 issue it seems like it's a pre June build date. and I wonder how many run good high quality ammo thru it ? and not the dirty cheap wwb Walmart junk. good quality defense ammo is expensive, I for one dont go to the range and blast thru box after box of the expensive stuff.

Posts: 5582 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by savoy6:
My I just got my P365 a couple weeks ago. It has a May build date, and I've fired about 650 rounds through it to date. I've experienced at least one failure to extract for about every 50 rounds fired. A couple times, it got through 100, and then did it in the next 50. Each time, the spent case remains in the chamber, with another round attempting to feed in (a double feed). I've used a mix of 115 gr. and 124 gr. Remington, Blazer brass, Win white box , Speer Gold Dot, and Win Ranger SXT. I think I'm going to call SIG and try to send it back rather than wasting more ammo. I'd note that the extractor looks ok and has tension. On the positive side, I've not had a dead trigger, a failure to feed, stovepipe, or failure to go into battery, when shooting with either strong or weak hand.

You have experienced more FTF's than I did (I had a May 29 build date), and when I told them I was having extraction issues with multiple magazines on multiple brands of brass-cased factory ammo, they sent me a shipping label the same day.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post