SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is there a "safe date" for P365 manufacture?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a "safe date" for P365 manufacture? Login/Join 
posted
I've been reading, watching and waiting on this one. Obviously, new problems can crop up, but wondering if there is a generally accepted date after which the known problems have been addressed. A local dealer recently got a shipment and I'm contemplating going ahead with a purchase if I can get beyond the bugs. If not, I'll wait a bit longer.

Thanks

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Generally it seems June build dates have the new striker with related changes and trigger spring retainer changes. That is my impression of the consensus. However, with no information from SIG, it's just speculation.

Mid to late June. However, there are many with earlier build dates who have not experienced any issues.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ what he said, plus I have a 7-1 build date 900 rounds flawless absolutely love the gun. couple it with 12 round mags, it's a game changer IMO.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On another forum an owner of a P365 with a June build date experienced a dead trigger after shooting about 140 rounds.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
On another forum an owner of a P365 with a June build date experienced a dead trigger after shooting about 140 rounds.

There’s other forums? Wink

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah we have another 6-9 months to wait, IMO. Assuming issues die down, that is.

It MAY be ready for next summer, time will tell.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If one isn't shooting the p365 right now, right now, one is missing all the fun. Smile

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reginaldcrumpepper:
If one isn't shooting the p365 right now, right now, one is missing all the fun. Smile

Nah, I hate wasting ammo and spending time at the UPS Hub shipping guns.

Made it 1500 rounds into my P365...and the trigger died.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's fun I can have once they get it ironed out. Learned that lesson with the Glock 42. Have fun for me in the interim. Smile

Posts: 17112 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll see if 7-9-18 is safe enough. I picked one up this morning.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mid March, only a few thousand rounds fired but good to go.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just remember if you get the dead trigger in a gunfight, holding the P365 upside down has been known to allow firing to resume.

Maybe add that drill to your practice sessions?

posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Is that the “Double Gangsta” hold?

I’m not in a big hurry to make this a primary carry pistol. I’ll take my time and keep reading reports. Heck, mine might never get 1,500 rounds.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Went ahead and dominoed on a S365 yesterday after following all the threads .... born on date 07/10/18

Looking forward to break in and proof of life ...lol It will augment my ten year everyday carry seecamp 380 depending on clothes and expected "need".

Cool little pistol with an increased bite over the 380!

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the safe date for the P365, but the safe word appears to be "Nein".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First one, Mid-March thousands downrange
So much fun,
Second one Mid-July

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are accurate, and reliable, and great fun. Mine has been shot a way over 1000 times without issue. If nervous about reliability don't carry it, don't count on it in a gunfight.

If the trigger quits, the spring is trivial to replace. If the striker breaks Sig will fix it for free. After it breaks, and Sig sends it back, one will be some more confident in the pistol, and after further shooting and other shooter reports, one can finally carry the pistol. Enjoy shooting the pistol whilst waiting for it to become "proven". Makes sense to me..... Wink

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I don’t think we are close to a safe date yet. When the strikers changed and Sig still pretended like the old guns were fine I sold mine.

Shame on me for buying a Sig when I knew better.

If there is a problem and Sig knows about it, they won’t tell us. They’ve demonstrated it a couple times already when th the 365 and the 320 when they knew they’d fire if dropped.

They’re crooks and I should have known better than to give them another chance

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Just remember if you get the dead trigger in a gunfight, holding the P365 upside down has been known to allow firing to resume.

Maybe add that drill to your practice sessions?

That's fuggin' hilarious right there, I don't care WHO ya are!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post