SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My custom stainless elite p226 is finally finished.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My custom stainless elite p226 is finally finished. Login/Join 
posted
I have wanted a stainless elite p226 for some time. About 2 years ago I came across a CPO stainless elite p226 That was priced so low I could not pass it up.

I have always been a fan of the reverse two tone look so I started my customization by picking up a elite p226 x-change kit. Once that was done I picked up a silencerco threaded barrel. Next I picked up a gray guns competition spring kit. While I had the gun apart to install the springs I polished all contact locations with some flitz. I rounded off the trigger work with a armory craft adjustable straight trigger. Last but not least I installed a set of sig branded houge piranha g10 grips.

The gun shoots amazing and has one of the best triggers I have felt on a pistol. It breaks at 7lbs in DA and just over 2lbs in SA. With the adjustable trigger there is no pre or post travel in DA and no post travel in SA. It is very accurate and has very little felt recoil because of the weight.

It has been a fun project for a range gun that I have not been in a hurry to complete, I have shopped around and saved a bunch. I have less into the gun then if I were to buy the gun brand new.

Here are a few pics.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I'm jealous, I don't have a stainless frame P226 in my battery yet.

Looks great!!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Nice! Question about the AC straight trigger. It appears to have a longer reach than the curved trigger. Is it so?

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love it. May be my next gun.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
So how is that straight trigger on the DA pull?

(Nice looking pistol, by the way)

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.

I did not feel a difference in the reach or length of pull but I will measure it and compare it to a standard trigger and a short reach trigger and I will post the numbers.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I love the 226 and 229 stainless elites. So much I have 5 of them. 3 229 and 2 226.

I just sent my 229 frame that was a .40 in to Sig to get the the exchange kit to 9mm. I'm diggin' the black slide. I was going to have them do it in all stainless like the original but I might have changed my mind.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So measured the difference between the short reach trigger and the armory craft straight trigger.

The reach for the short reach trigger in DA was 7/8's of an inch and 1/2 inch in SA. The AC straight trigger measured at 7/8 inch in DA and 5/8 of an inch in SA.

The AC straight trigger was the same as the short reach trigger because there is no take up in DA. But because there is take up in SA it had a longer reach of 1/8 of an inch.