SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I see lots of aluminum SIGs in this thread, not so many Steel.

Let me remedy this situation with a few. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
I am so glad to see that there are still other "faithfuls" on the SigForum.

As a woman, being "faithful" is so important to me. I will never cheat on my P-series Sigs by purchasing a poly gun no matter how much they try to temp me with all their hype about how great they are.

Guns are tools, devices, implements, toys, collectibles, or whatever. They are inanimate objects of metals, woods, polymers, and other materials. Guns aren't humans. Anthropomorphism isn't always a good path follow.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Let me remedy this situation with a few. Big Grin

That's what we are talking about when someone says "Steel SIGS" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Another P series here; P229, P224, P239.

Although I will admit to the 2340 being my first Sig, and I still have it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of throwingdown
posted Hide Post
This is the type of post that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Somewhere I recall seeing a post of someone who had like 8-10 NIB Sig Nickel P228's. May have been another forum.

Posts: 423 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I currently have a P225A1, P225A1 stainless, P228 and am trying to decide between a P226R nitron or P226 legion. Sig P alloy series guns will always be my favorite Sigs...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yep! (Myself included Big Grin)

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
I currently have a P225A1, P225A1 stainless, P228 and am trying to decide between a P226R nitron or P226 legion. Sig P alloy series guns will always be my favorite Sigs...

Would love to see pic of this rainbow unicorn.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Steel and wood for me.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ How did you blacken the Nill grips?

Q

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I was able to special order Nills in black a few years ago.

Couldn't find any other grips for an Allround with the magwell.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
My first Sig bought almost 20 years ago (and my second gun owned) was a steel Sig, and I still own it! Sent back to Sig for the re-conditioning package and also to Robert Burke for an action job. I have the SIG black aluminum grips. I'll never sell it.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
I remember the days on here when the vast majority of members swore by the original P-Series Sigs and proclaiming to NEVER own a Polymer Pistol.

What happened to the "faithful?"

Still faithful here. There are no polymer pistols in my home.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a NIB P229 Elite Stainless P229 in .40 with a Barsto 9mm conversion barrel. Does that count?

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Out of 16 handguns, I have 1 plastic fantastic, but it was a gift. The funny thing as my dad said he would never own a plastic or striker fired handgun, he owns several now and was the one who gave me mine. Neither of us own a Glock though.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
All I own are steel Sigs.

A P226 from 1991, a P228 from 1999, I think the P220 Sport is from 2004. A P226 Combat that I won on the forum and an original production run GSR-1911 from 2004.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't been on the board in awhile; but had to
read entire thread that brought back fond memories
My first Sig was a 226 9 purchased in 1985. Eventually sent it to Klein Plating in Pa and had
gun and 6 mags plated in satin nickel. Later decided I wanted to have 3 caliber guns in one, so sold that first Sig, damn it! When I was actively
selling guns on this board a fair number of you
liked 3 caliber Sigs, too.

After years of wearing heavy "Alice" gear in
military and a police police equipment belt, finally took a toll on my spine and hips, requiring surgeries for both. The weight of loaded Sigs, mostly stainless, along with loaded mags became too much, so switched to Glock.
While Glocks are lighter to carry, have never
shot my 23,27 and 35 (all 3 caliber guns like
my Sigs, could never shoot the Glocks as well!
At least Glocks can be modified to shoot pretty
well and endless amount of parts and accessories. Spikes Tactical 9mm carbine, manufactured to use Glock mags, including 33.

Hope I see more threads on "metal" Sigs!

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5 alloy P series guns and a 220ST. No new polymer sigs. I sold my polymer soul to Glock.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Haven't been on the board in awhile; but had to
read entire thread that brought back fond memories
Hope I see more threads on "metal" Sigs!

I bought my first SIG from OrdnanceOutsellers -- a 9mm two-tone, non-railed P226. Back then SIG did two-tone by nickel plating the slide, trigger, & slide release so they all matched exactly. Wished I hadn't sold it.

I resisted plastic for a long time, but the HK USP and then a SIG SP-101 changed my attitude. Now I even own Glocks!

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mink, thanks again for that long ago purchase!

Much better looking guns when they nickled the
controls, not just the slide! At one time, you
could buy the nickle controls: but no idea if
you can now?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post