SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners? Login/Join 
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Never proclaimed, but still no poly or strikers. I prefer steel and hammers.

Now this is my kind of guy and he's from the Land of Enchantment. What more can you ask. BTW, Santa Fe is my most favorite city in the USA.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
No one like to talk about the old thing that works all the time but not very flashy.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My steel guns and alloy Sigs still outnumber my poly guns.
My first handguns were 1911s and SA revolvers. To this day, when I pick up a poly gun, I immediately think: Its too light, it cant be a real gun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I don't have any polymer sigs. I do have a lot of aluminum framed sigs.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I have no desire for a SIG poly gun. If I did the only one of interest would be the 365, but I have three Glocks why would I change now?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I swing both ways.......

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
I remember the days on here when the vast majority of members swore by the original P-Series Sigs and proclaiming to NEVER own a Polymer Pistol.

Now all I see is ravings for the 320/365/M17.

What happened to the "faithful?"

If it makes you feel better, I only own steel SIGs (P229, P225, P220). I tried the P320 and just couldn’t get into it. And I don’t get into the small pistols like the P365.
Flip side of that coin is that I own several GLOCKs. Smile

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It kind of jars me to hear somebody say "X-Five" and show a plastic pistol.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I carry a 938 and 229 daily. The only polymer I have is a pair of SigPros. Still no striker guns, unless you count the 1969 all steel Browning Nomad I have in .22.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still carry my 226 mud rail in cooler weather. VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
Caliber by caliber, non-polymer pistols have less perceived recoil to them.

You should try shooting a Steyr M series pistol.

This. The steyr blows them all out of the water for me, My L9-A1 is my fav. Striker fired pistol I’ve ever shot

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I prefer all steel (no aluminum). Shot 1911's for many years. When the P320 came out, I gave it a try and ended up shooting it in competition for several years. It is a very nice gun. Now that I age and can no longer compete effectively due to physical limitations, and also have no heirs, I have pared my "collection" down to two all steel pistols. I have the SIG P220-10mm Elite SAO, and the Ruger GP100 3.5" Wiley Clapp model in 10mm. The SIG SAO is the most accurate pistol I've ever owned, with handloads or Underwood ammo. I am finally getting the Ruger's DA pull nice and smooth with a bunch of dry firing. I shoot it with a straight pull-through, no staging. It's grouping pretty well, not one ragged hole accurate, but all close in the center ring of an IDPA target, and gets better every time I take it out. Both load the Underwood 180gr Gold Dot.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
They are steel around and plenty. They just don't feel the need to make noise unnecessarily. Big Grin

I guess I'm a "Sig Steel" guy. I've a couple pieces of "tupperware," sure. Even have a P320 Smile. But I've three all-metal Sigs and, while a Ruger SR1911 in 10mm is next on the list, a P229 in 357 Sig is right behind it.

My plastic pistols are all purely functional and I like them well enough for what they are, but the handguns that really call to me are all metal.

To me it's like the difference between a wood boat and a fiberglass boat. My wife and I have owned two of the latter and we loved 'em both. But wood boats have a character that can never be matched by fiberglass, IMO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
My steel P226 X5 and steel/aluminum P238 run perfectly, so no need to post about issues with them.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I have only P-type Sigs, and that is not likely to change.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
When a Police Dept I was working for was transitioning from wheel guns to 9mm semi's (this was 1986 or 87) I shot a P226 for the first time.

Today, I own two of them and have never looked back.

The P226 is the only pistol I own/use/carry.

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Plastic is for leftovers. I sold my two Glocks and have no plastic guns.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
All this heavy metal talk and no pics? Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well ok, since you put it like that!

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
It kind of jars me to hear somebody say "X-Five" and show a plastic pistol.

Me, too! Only metal and hammers in my collection.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 123 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post