SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners? Login/Join 
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I will never ever own a plastic gun or a stryker fired gun.I get that poly guns are lighter but that's one of the things I like about steel/alloy guns. I like the weight in my hand and helps keep recoil low. The stryker firing system is something I just don't like or trust.I like a hammer on my guns. And to top it all off poly guns all just seem to be fugly to me.
When I started coming here to the forum there was plenty posts about P series guns and steel/alloy guns learned a lot. Hardly any posts about poly/stryker guns now it seems that's all there is. Things change I feel old...
Sig P229 9mm
Sig P229 357sig
Sig P229 40S&W
Beretta M9 9MM
Colt 1911 45acp
CZ P-01 9MM
CZ P-06 40S&W
Ed Brown Evo KC9 9MM
S&W 629 44mag
Walther PPK/S 380

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Sorry guys, I swing both ways.......

Do you have a boat, and clean fish too? Big Grin

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this thread. I thought I was the only one. Although I did buy a 365 to try out, once to the range so far but I'm not convinced it's any good.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I love this thread. I thought I was the only one. Although I did buy a 365 to try out, once to the range so far but I'm not convinced it's any good.

Did it fail you somehow?

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Sorry guys, I swing both ways.......

Swinger here, too. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ That little guy doesn't stand a chance among all his big brothers.

Or is it so valuable it needs all that protection? Big Grin

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

P228 & model 49

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still running my P series pistols and they’re still my favorites. Yes - I like the P365 and the SP2022. I would probably like a 320 as well, but and its a big but - I prefer heavier pistols. They are easier to shoot well. I have 32 years on the P series and I shoot them better than anything else that I own.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, the 365 didn't fail at all. I'm used to 40 oz pistols and the 365 at about half that is quite different. Although I think with a little time it can replace my current pocket pistol.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by largebore1:

I will never ever own a plastic gun...

When I started coming here to the forum there was plenty posts about P series guns and steel/alloy guns learned a lot. Hardly any posts about poly/stryker guns now it seems that's all there is. Things change I feel old...

I am so glad to see that there are still other "faithfuls" on the SigForum.

As a woman, being "faithful" is so important to me. I will never cheat on my P-series Sigs by purchasing a poly gun no matter how much they try to temp me with all their hype about how great they are.

I have heard that pitch way too many times. No Thank you - Not this Lady!!

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Over the years, I've ventured into the polymer waters a couple times, but always return to my tried and true steel guns. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just like the better balance, less perceived recoil, lower barrel rise, and greater heft of the steel gun. (But then again, I still drive a vehicle with THREE pedals too.) Wink

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have three Sigs. P226 SSE, P220, and A sig 1911 Nightmare.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are still here. As I grow older I realize how much I don't know. Speak little, listen much.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have both varieties; polymer guns have proven themselves plenty since Gaston first made them mainstream.

It’s all about choices.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15574 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still here

[EMAIL]https://i.postimg.cc/mDYg1C9m/IMG-0809.jpg[/EMAIL]

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I have only one Sig pistol. West German P220 circa 1989. It is my Walmart gun. I did fondle a 320 X Compact today that gave me a chub. I went to LGS to look at a 365. I no longer desire a 365.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with all these here newfangled metal cartridges? It's a smoke pole or nuthin'!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
No striker fired stuff here either! Smile

And I own one plastic gun, HK USP45, BUT - it has a hammer.

All my carry guns are TDA, hammer fired and metal framed. I don't see the need to change that. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I see lots of aluminum SIGs in this thread, not so many Steel.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post