SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So What Happened To All The Sig Steel Owners? Login/Join 
Picture of GrandPotter
posted
I remember the days on here when the vast majority of members swore by the original P-Series Sigs and proclaiming to NEVER own a Polymer Pistol.

Now all I see is ravings for the 320/365/M17.

What happened to the "faithful?"

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They are steel around and plenty. They just don't feel the need to make noise unnecessarily. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when no one would touch the newfangled alloy framed guns, like those new flash in the pan Sigs.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm an all steel guy, or used to be, until the 320 and then the 365 came out. I've got a few 220's, 1 320 and had a 365 before trading it go my SIL a few weeks ago(I am now saving for a FDE 365.) I still love my 220's and will never get rid of them but the 320 and 365 are very nice as well so I think I have the best of both worlds.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am still here.

Long time fan of the P-220 platform. Whether all steel or aluminum and steel, both in .45 and .38 Super, I just shoot them very, very well.

That said, I shot my Son's P365 and I have to admit, it is a pretty incredible package, given its size.

As the evolution of Sig takes place, I think you will see fewer and fewer fans of the all steel guns for every day carry.

See my tag line below!!! Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are still here. Still have and regularly use the P226 SSE I bought from you.

Definitely no P250 or any current production Glock in my future. I highly doubt I will own a P320 (less than 10% chance). An M17 has a 15% chance. The oodds are 50-50 on a P365.

Short list of handguns I will purchase befoe a striker-fired polymer:
P220-10mm
DW V-Bob 9mm
1911 45 ACP 5" Stainless (make & model tbd)
P226 RX 9mm
S&W 460 XVR
1911 460 Rowland Conversion w/micro red dot

I will spare you the rifle list.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I had P-series from the mid-1990s to the mid-2000s. While accurate (in slow fire) and reliable, I always struggled a bit with the long stroke and reach first pull. But the P320C I got in early 2017 practically shoots itself. Smile I am considering adding a P365 and possibly a 320 subcompact in the long term.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
We are still here. Still have and regularly use the P226 SSE I bought from you.

I am glad you still use it. Myself, all my Sig pistols (228's, 229's, 238's & 938's) are non-polymer as well as my custom 1911's, and the hordes of .22lr's I own.

There is zero percent chance I will ever own a polymer pistol. Caliber by caliber, non-polymer pistols have less perceived recoil to them.

Yes, it is true that I love each and every non-polymer pistol I own.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I had P-series from the mid-1990s to the mid-2000s. While accurate (in slow fire) and reliable, I always struggled a bit with the long stroke and reach first pull. But the P320C I got in early 2017 practically shoots itself. Smile I am considering adding a P365 and possibly a 320 subcompact in the long term.

You have my sincere condolences!

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Steel and alloy Sigs for me. I started hoarding P220s years ago.

I don't have a 320, 365, M17 yet. Then again, I did find an Allround for what a 320 X-Five would have been at the time.

I don't think they'll make a polymer Desert Eagle. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was one of those guys. Not necessarily steel, though I do still have strong appreciation for the 1911. I've carried metal pistols for most of my life, revolvers and autos, and I was one of those who said I wouldn't carry a plastic pistol.

I carry a plastic pistol. Welcome to 2019.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still carry my alloy-frame Sigs; P239/9mm and P229/357 sig; but I also have the SP2022/9mm as a polymer frame, (slightly) lighter weight, and higher capacity option. The SP2022 is every bit as good a pistol as my alloy frames, but a bit bulky. Would love to see Sig do a TDA polymer frame pistol the same size as a CZ P-07 or a Beretta Px4c. I like polymer from a weight standpoint, it’s striker-fired that is the hang-up for me; just not comfortable with them for carrying (irrational, I know, but I can’t convince my lizard brain that they are as safe as a TDA). I have a couple of Glock 19’s, and a P320 compact, but while I shoot the well, I just am not comfortable carry them.
So I’ll continue to soldier on with my alloy-frame TDAs, with the SP2022 in the mix when I want more rounds on board and can accept the extra bulk as a trade-off.

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
When Glocks have at best a mediocre trigger the Sigs and 1911s will be my daily carry.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have a few all metal SIGs, including one that is truly ‘all steel’, a P220 Elite SAO in 10mm. What a beast it is! Have to admit that I have more polymer than all metal now. Interestingly enough the only TDA metal pistols I own anymore are high end Berettas. Sold off my DA/SA P226 Legion because I just didn’t shoot it anymore. I have 3 SAO SIGs still.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
All of my Sig handguns are steel (P226s, 229, 228)

By I own a bunch of Glocks Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrandPotter:
Caliber by caliber, non-polymer pistols have less perceived recoil to them.

You should try shooting a Steyr M series pistol.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
The only metal pistols I have are Sigs (P220 & P228). All the others are polymer. Will keep both kinds.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
I only have the 226 now. I haven’t bought any poly site.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Last three guns I bought were all Stainless SIGs.

I think I have two plastic guns, my old USP-45, and a CZ-P07 Duty that my brother bought me when they came out.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Never proclaimed, but still no poly or strikers. I prefer steel and hammers.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post