SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High Round Counts P365
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Round Counts P365 Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Who has a P365 with a high round count (1500+) that can share your experience? I'm considering one and wanted to her what is really happening versus internet youtubers only...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Some of those 'tubers' might be members here... Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

I meant no disrespect, as they bring good info, but I no one I know out here who has one has had an issue (and granted it's a small group here because it's CA and only those of us in LE can buy them). I'm just trying to cast the net a little wider...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The issues members here have had are well documented. A search will give you a bunch to read.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m approaching 1,000 flawless rounds fired using a variety of weights and loads to include 115, 124, 147 grain bullets, FMJ, JHP, and Federal Synthetic loads plus 300 100 grain reloads. My P365 was made on 21 September 2018. I’d held off buying one due to a lot of what I read and saw on you tube. My P365 has been perfect and now is my EDC 90% of the time.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
My early production (1/20/2018) P365 initially had the return to battery issue reported with the very early guns. It went back to Sig (they replaced barrel and recoil spring assembly) after it came back it has fired over 2500rds with zero malfunctions. Over half that ammo was defensive loads including some +P+. This pistol is my primary carry gun.

I also have another P365 (I think its June 2018 production) with over 600rds thru it and zero issues. Update: As of 1/13/2019 my 2nd P365 now has 800 flawless rounds through it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

I meant no disrespect, as they bring good info, but I no one I know out here who has one has had an issue (and granted it's a small group here because it's CA and only those of us in LE can buy them). I'm just trying to cast the net a little wider...

I didn't take it that way. There is a small core of people here who don't like them in spite of the higher success rate of those of us who have them and do like them. They usually jump in with commentary.

Mine is a Feb 2018 production as I recall. It's supposed to be a dud, but at just over 600rds, it just keeps plugging along.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have a july production 365 and have had zero issues. with the exception of carry ammo all of my rounds have been reloads lots and lots of reloads, with the 12 round mag the gun is a perfect fit. I put ameriglo agent night sights on mine as I really like the orange front.

I Highly recommend buying one I very happy with mine.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have looked at the 365 since they came out , and I still will not buy one to many other good guns out there . I think every site has info about the 365 problems .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I have looked at the 365 since they came out , and I still will not buy one to many other good guns out there . I think every site has info about the 365 problems .

Do you consider your non-existent 365 a “high round count” pistol like the OP asked about?

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am at 3600 rounds with a 365 that was made in March 2018. No issues. I love my 365!

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around 2000 shots through P365 made in April. One light strike, one fail to go into battery when dirty. Pistol is astoundingly accurate, reliable, and easy to carry.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:

Do you consider your non-existent 365 a “high round count” pistol like the OP asked about?

That's funny right there, and I don't care who you are.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For the folks who have had FTRB type issues could it be they are riding the slide with a thumb and slowing it down enough especially when dirty to cause the issue.

Some of the 365 issues do seem to be technical in nature but I have to wonder if some are just folks having issues running such a tiny gun. I have been there myself.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:

By all means don't buy one, they can't make them fast enough to keep up with the demand.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:

By all means don't buy one, they can't make them fast enough to keep up with the demand.

No doubt!

None of the LGSs around here can keep them on the shelves for more than a day or two, at most before they're quickly bought up. This includes the local Bass Pro where they're almost always sold at MSRP.

I have just over 1100 rounds fired from my April '18 P365. No issues. It's my EDC/BUG.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have over 1500 rds through mine but less than 2000

It's been a great shooter, using my reloads and factory ammo

I like to take my carry guns to the local IDPA matches to see how they perform in different situations

I shot it in 2 IDPA matches under crappy weather conditions (rain , mud , cold )and it ran very well,

The one thing I have learned, which is my fault and not the guns , is that when I carry the high round count magazine as my spare magazine, I now download by one round, I found I had trouble seating the full magazine in a fast stressful situation due to the spring tension.

It's been a great gun for me, my Kahr and 229 don't get carried at all anymore.

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
For the folks who have had FTRB type issues could it be they are riding the slide with a thumb and slowing it down enough especially when dirty to cause the issue.

Some of the 365 issues do seem to be technical in nature but I have to wonder if some are just folks having issues running such a tiny gun. I have been there myself.

This was the issue for me with both of my Sig P365s which were made months apart. I was occasionally riding the slide with my thumb. Out of every hundred rounds, I'd probably have 3 failures to return to battery. I'd tap the back of the slide, and the gun would function fine. Now that I've been shooting the P365 more regularly, I'm used to the grip and haven't had a single problem with either gun.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm not a "youtuber" and I've got 1400+ rounds through my 365.

First I stripped down the gun and lubed the rails with Eez-Ox.

Then 1000 rounds of 115 gr Magtech FMJ's.

After that, 400 rounds of 124 grain Gold Dots.

My last range session was with the 365 and my 226. Only 3 10 round mags through the 365. A very old 115 grain hollowpoint ammo I found in my gun room.

So far everything did as it's supposed to do, The gun has run flawless.

And to be honest, I've read about firing pin scratches on the primers, but since I always take more than 1 gun to the range, I never ever checked the primers.

The gun has gone bang every time. The gun carries easily. It's more accurate than a gun this size should be. It's barely smaller than my Shield. But ... for some reason "feels" noticably smaller in my hand and I haven't started carrying it yet. I think it's more psychological than anything else.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 200+ flawless rounds of factory 115, 124,147 and +p (various), all quality factory ammo. Since this will with near certainty become my EDC soon, I clean and lube after each range trip.

Triable is correct-there are a lot of really good pistols out there. He should try shooting this one as he may find it better, especially for the price: punches better than its weight, night sights, wonderful trigger pull, well past my ability, 10 plus 1 or 12 plus 1, easy carry, a snap to clean. My only problem with it is the mag release is too hard to release with one hand....hoping for an extended mag release to be available.

Posts: 19 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: December 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post