SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High Round Counts P365
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High Round Counts P365 Login/Join 
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I liked mine so much I bought a second one. First one is over 500 rounds with zero malfunctions. Second one only had a sub-100 round break in/reliability test because of the skyrocketing ammo prices, but also flawless.

That said, I'm a youtuber so I'm not sure if my opinion counts Razz

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't consider 1,500 rounds through any pistol to be a "high round count." I believe my most-used P365 is a bit over four thousand rounds presently, but I don't consider it a "high round count" pistol, either.

It's had a grip module change (to a Grayguns sculpted one), and I recently purchased the current striker assembly to put in each of my P365's. All were early pistols, all had very pronounced primer drag. Since the striker replacement, I haven't had a chance to shoot a lot through them, but I had no malfunctions before, and haven't had any since. I did retrieve all the brass for examination, and while slight drag marks were evident on some, the primer indentations were much shallower, with little drag in evidence. Ignition, feed, and cycling was without issue.

The only other changes made to them from original is installation of straight triggers, and I crowned the factory barrels. I don't know that crowning the barrels made them any more accurate, but it doesn't appear to have hurt anything, either.

I considered the LSI striker assembly, and elected to go with the Sig factory striker assy, replacing the old version with the updated one.

I may not get to the 10,000 round count that another poster in this thread mentioned, especially not in the current ammunition-availability climate, but I am comfortable with the pistol(s).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I waited a year after it hit the market before buying two. One only has about a 900rd count with a decent number of 124gr, 147gr and 150gr HSTs through it; no stoppages to date. The other is closing in on 2200 rounds, also with a bunch of HSTs down its pipe plus a number of other defensive loads. It too has run without issue...so far. I'm curious as to how far the recoil spring can be pushed; SIG I believe says the spring should be replaced at 2500 rounds. So with dry fire + live rounds that P365 should be pretty close to that threshold.

Of the two, the one with the higher round count is the only one that I've carried, on two separate occasions when I couldn't get away with concealing my EDC G23. I'd like to push this one to see how far the reliability will go, but from what I've read on the web it sounds like the RSA will go a long way before it finally fails. One shooting range posted a so-called torture test review article that said that they estimated that their rental P365 had about 50,000 rounds through it before its RSA finally failed, and that the trigger return spring some time afterwards. With this sample of one, an admitted very high-use one, it seems that their P365 did pretty 'OK'.

Considering that most manufacturers recommend spring replacement protocols in the 5000 round count range at most, someone being able to push the gun out by a factor of 10 before something went kablooey would seem to bode well for the reliability of this little SIG.

-MG

Posts: 1987 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post