SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Talon grips on Glock 43
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Talon grips on Glock 43 Login/Join 
Picture of Rotty37
posted
Been a big fan of Talon Grips for years. I just put the rubberized version on my newly acquired Glock 43. What a difference. Clean looking and has and added grip texture with out clinging on your clothes.

Totally recommend these on sub compact pistols.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a set of Talon grips for my Walther PPS M2. Can you tell me how well your previous Talons have done as far as longevity? When (if) they began to wear off, did you have any difficulty removing them entirely or was there residue left behind that affected the cosmetic appearance?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
When (if) they began to wear off, did you have any difficulty removing them entirely or was there residue left behind that affected the cosmetic appearance?

I bought a 43 and 23 from a friend who's sticks the Talon tape on everything. I didn't care for it so pulled it off. It removed easily and left no residue.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Report This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I have them on several guns. I shoot my 43 weekly. The Talons last about a year for me and do not leave a residue when I change them out. I'm a huge fan, especially on small single stacks. On guns I shoot occasionally, they seem to last indefinitely. Well worth the investment considering the improvement in gripping the pistol.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I just ordered a set of Talon grips for my Walther PPS M2. Can you tell me how well your previous Talons have done as far as longevity? When (if) they began to wear off, did you have any difficulty removing them entirely or was there residue left behind that affected the cosmetic appearance?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

From past experience, I never had any problems with wear. And from what I can remember, they can be removed with minimal residual adhesive. little elbow grease and it will come off clean.

Following the instructions that Talon Grips gives you, there are a couple of extra steps to ensure quality of installation. After installation , I use blue painters tape to wrap tightly in all areas where that the Talon Grips are installed. I massage the all the areas and apply pressure of the grip to make sure every area of the Talon Grips adhesive has been pressed to the frame. I apply heat with a blow drier for a few mins. Let it cool off for 10 to 15 mins. Then remove the blue tape slowly. Works great!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4451 | Registered: December 27, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
I have them on several guns. I shoot my 43 weekly. The Talons last about a year for me and do not leave a residue when I change them out. I'm a huge fan, especially on small single stacks. On guns I shoot occasionally, they seem to last indefinitely. Well worth the investment considering the improvement in gripping the pistol.

Yeah the 43 is the only one I need them on. To fatten the little f'er up and provide some traction.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Put then on mine. Like how they fell will try at the range soon

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Put them on my Shield. I like the feel of them.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Report This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the info! I received my Talons today and installed them on my Walther PPS M2. They went on easily, look and feel great.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I put them on both mine and my wife's 43's as soon as they were available. Also have a set expected to arrive tomorrow for my G29.

Very please with them!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Report This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan as well. Work very well...reasonably priced and look great.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Report This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
here is another option. Available in 4 colors ; Black, OD Green, Purple and Pink

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That looks good, Ken. I may have to try that. I like the Talon grip on my G43 but on the backstrap, at the bottom, the tape keeps slipping around. Very annoying.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Para, I have a similar problem with the Talon grips on my 43, I carry it in a Remora holster in my hip pocket and body heat and friction when sat upon has shifted my grip. Might have to look for something else.

Ken, daughter is a pink freak, I just ordered her the pink version of your sleeve. She will be surprised when she gets back from her convention. She will love it.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for me, the problem is on the heel of the backstrap, specifically on the right side, where the heel of my palm presses forward on the grip.

If I do decide to remove the tape, I won't be looking forward to doing it. Eek

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If I do decide to remove the tape, I won't be looking forward to doing it. Eek

I put the Talon tape on my Beretta Nano and then decided I didn't want it. I was amazed at how easily it came off, leaving no residue behind. Nothing to fear. Cool

Posts: 841 | Registered: December 07, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yay!

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I love these grips. Have them on my G43 and G19 since I bought them that way but I would definitely purchase them for any additional Glocks that I purchase.

The G43 I bought even had the Pearce +1 extensions and Talon strips on all three mags just like Para's. I love them!

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Report This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
here is another option. Available in 4 colors ; Black, OD Green, Purple and Pink

Interesting. Looks like it may add a bit too much thickness for some people although others may be looking for this.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my G43 a lot, mostly in a pocket holster. The factory grip is more than sufficient for me, but I wouldnt want the remotest possibility of tape coming loose or slipping when I reach for the pistol. No grip te means no possibility of that ever becoming a problem.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Report This Post