SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G19X is the SCAR of pistols
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G19X is the SCAR of pistols Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Razz

That's the first thing I thought when I saw the 19X. Looks like bad color matching like the SCAR. But I held it in person and ended up buying the 19X anyway. I'm still planning on a black SCAR whenever I decide to go into .308.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by zdog16:
This was just supposed to be a silly post. Oh well.

Hey, don't take your ball and go home, now. Fun's just starting. Big Grin

well, see... there's the problem. Silly posts rarely start out actually being silly. Its the super serious posts that usually go full silly.
On that note, the progression from serious, to silly, to full silly, to full retard, can be instantaneous and, usually, catastrophic.
Just wait. Wind it up and let it go.
Patience, Padawan.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The none-too-kind braintrust at Beretta take great offense to this claim.

As you can plainly see, their M9A3 out-SCARs the SCAR itself, with no less than FIVE, count 'em, FIVE different shades of Flat Dookie Earth!

They rest their case...but they are now advertising for a new color selection engineer, last I heard. Razz

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Dang. That Beretta is a powerful kind of ugly.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The none-too-kind braintrust at Beretta take great offense to this claim.

As you can plainly see, their M9A3 out-SCARs the SCAR itself, with no less than FIVE, count 'em, FIVE different shades of Flat Dookie Earth!

They rest their case...but they are now advertising for a new color selection engineer, last I heard. Razz

Okay you win!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Dang. That Beretta is a powerful kind of ugly.
Yeah, it is.

Which is hard to do with a Beretta 92 series handgun.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
First attempt at "multi-cam"?

Nah, the anodizing guy at FN was drunk that Monday AM and put too much green in the mix.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I’ve been thinking the Glock 26 to be the modern eras snubby...

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
That Beretta looks like my dog threw up all over it... sweet Jesus my eyes, they burn

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The M&P2.0 5” FDE is 4 different colors

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer Instincts:
That Beretta looks like my dog threw up all over it... sweet Jesus my eyes, they burn
It certainly makes the G19X look pretty, which is hard to do.

posted Hide Post
I'm sure that every one is a bit different. and photo's are always a color problem. But my m9a3 is way better than that, my SCAR is way worse than those last pictures and my G19x is way way worse than the original photo. I don't actually care and enjoyed the original humor (maybe you have to own a Scar to appreciate it) but obviously nobody in any of these situations at the mfg. gives a hoot.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked the mis-matched look of the FDE SCAR. I Like the G19X as well. I'm a sucker for FDE I guess...probably because I've had to wear that ACU/UCP abortion of a uniform pattern for the last decade plus and FDE is a nice, neutral and Army acceptable accessory color.

Good news, we have "OCP" now...bad news I have to come out of pocket a ton of $ to buy it. Mad

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I dress myself my wife makes like someone who doesn't like an FDE scar or m9a3 or G19x in terms of matching stuff. Just saying.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post