SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 SAS gen 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 SAS gen 2 Login/Join 
posted
I just bought a new 229 SAS gen 2 today. I also just sent it to Sig for a short reset trigger and an action job. I’m excited!

On a side note, I confirmed with Sig customer service that they have discontinued the 229 SAS. That’s interesting as mine was manufactured 12/28/17.

P229

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
― Thomas Paine

Posts: 42 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also just sent it to Sig for a short reset trigger and an action job.

I am surprised it did not have the SRT. All 4 of my P229 SA/DA SAS's came from the factory with the SRT standard.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4264 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anush:
quote:
I also just sent it to Sig for a short reset trigger and an action job.

I am surprised it did not have the SRT. All 4 of my P229 SA/DA SAS's came from the factory with the SRT standard.

Strange my P229 SAS2 came with the SRT as well

Posts: 259 | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of retpd
posted Hide Post
Agree, with above. Thought all P229 SAS's came with the SRT, especially a Gen2.

Bud's has them on their site.
Description as follows:
The NEW P229® SAS Gen 2, features a new slide design, a melt treatment on frame & slide, SRT Trigger System, short trigger, SIGLITE® Night Sights, and NEW ergo polymer one-piece grip. The slide features an engraved SIG SAUER® Custom Shop logo. This P229 pistol from the SIG SAUER Custom Shop has gone through a radical dehorning process resulting in an ultra smooth, snag free profile that’s ideal for concealed carry.

Posts: 398 | Location: Orlando | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry. I meant to say short Reach trigger. Please excuse my stupidity. I typed my original post while out with the dog and my wife telling me about her day at work. Not an ideal time.

P229

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
― Thomas Paine

Posts: 42 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I meant to say short Reach trigger

YUCK!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Old226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KYJames:
I’m sorry. I meant to say short Reach trigger. Please excuse my stupidity. I typed my original post while out with the dog and my wife telling me about her day at work. Not an ideal time.

You ever have one of those days where you never win? The P229 SAS 2 normally came from the factory with the SRT AND the short trigger. I know because I replaced the short trigger in mine with the standard version. Hopefully Sig will not replace your old short trigger with a new short trigger.

Tools of the Trade: WG P226, P228, P229 SAS Gen II, Para P16, S&W 610, Springfield 1911 (Les Baer) 10mm, EMP .40S&W & Ed Brown Executive Carry 45acp

Posts: 168 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
My 229 SAS gen2 dated 18June2014 came with the short reset trigger and the standard (long) trigger.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1537 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations that’s an awesome model. Been eyeing one myself.

Posts: 21 | Registered: November 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been saving my money up slowly because it is one of the pistols I have always wanted.

Now that they are discontinued I need to get one.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
My P229SAS 2 (.40)was my third Sig purchase after P226 and P220. I quickly fell in love with it. Used it for my CCW class years ago. When we went to the range to prove we could hit paper at an absurdly close distance, it became a favorite of the group. Fine pistol indeed. Enjoy yours.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post