SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I must be missing something
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I must be missing something Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The new price of a plastic striker gun and lower weight are the big selling point.
A used metal Sig is about the same price as a new plastic gun.
I suspect that over time there will be fewer metal guns made for the masses due to the price difference.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Yes, but new to used is not a fair comparison. There are lots of used poly-striker guns out there also.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The new price of a plastic striker gun and lower weight are the big selling point.
A used metal Sig is about the same price as a new plastic gun.
I suspect that over time there will be fewer metal guns made for the masses due to the price difference.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Also part of the comparison. Some poly striker fired 9mms sell for $2300.00. A bit more than a new P210 Target, but $2000 less than the starting price of a custom 1911.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I would have voted 228 over 320 also, until I picked up an Xcarry. Brought me over to the other side.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post