SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 X or P365 w/12 rd. mags.?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 X or P365 w/12 rd. mags.? Login/Join 
posted
Is their any practical difference between standard P365 with 12 round magazines and a P365 with an XL grip module and 12 round XL magazines? I use mine with the 10 round magazine for pocket carry occasionally, so have skipped the XL grip module thus far.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great question - I took one of our P365’s and changed out the standard grip module for the XL grip module and I love this set up...I am 300+ rounds into this set up with zero issues and no loss of accuracy. Also at the recommendation of a forum friend I ordered the 12 round pinky finger base plate (after-market) and this setup fits my hand perfectly.....Gun has over 800 rds thru it total with no issues....

I like the idea of the slightly larger grip rather than utilizing the standard grip with the 12 round mag Extension...Below are a few pictures to show the difference between my P365X vs. my wife’s standard P365 with the 12 round ag with extension...

Forgot to mention - This is my EDC set up and has been for over a year now....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the 12 round mag just great for when I carry the P365 although I do not carry it a lot. I do have a pinky extension for the 10 rounders which is an improvement. Also for the range I have a 15 rounder which works nice and could be used as a back up.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
Is the XL grip any thicker then the standard, I find the grip on my P-365 to be a little too skinny for my hands and I am reluctant to put a grip sleeve on it since I have a Crimson Trace green laser mounted already?

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The only reason I picked my 365 up was that it was the Tacpac and came with three 12 rnd mags.
With just a 10 round mag it's too small to hang onto comfortably for me.
The 12 round mags made it shootable for me but I didn't care for the mag wiggle in my hand and reloads can be a pincher if you don't pay attention.

I wound up using an XL grip which is the same width and wrestled a Hogue sleeve on it to give it a bigger butt.

Back of grip when I was trying out an XL slide

That store mentioned above also has 10 round mag base plates to fit the XL grip if 12 round mags are scarce.

Posts: 1476 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From just fondling an XL, I think the grip is better than the 365 with 12 rounders. It is "smoother", without the seam from short grip to extended magazine.
However, I have not bought an XL, because I want to be able to use the same magazines in my guns, and like the ability to use the same gun for IWB (12 rounds) or pocket (10 rounds) carry.
Towards that end, I have an XL slide on a 365 lower, with a 12 round magazine, on the nightstand. That set up allows me to still use all of my mags on all of my 365 setups, and keep the same curved trigger.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Also note that the XL grip has a more pronounced beavertail, which is handy for guys like me with big gorilla paws.

Posts: 32486 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The people who started and continue to make those comparison photos with scales/measurements deserve the Presidential Medal of Freedom for doing the lawd's work. It oughta be the standard.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
Is the XL grip any thicker then the standard, I find the grip on my P-365 to be a little too skinny for my hands and I am reluctant to put a grip sleeve on it since I have a Crimson Trace green laser mounted already?
If you look at the measurements it's a hair wider but realistically they are the same. The difference is the flared magwell gives it a slightly higher measurement in the width.

The reason I prefer the XL is because I would be carrying the P365 with the 12 round magazine anyhow. That makes the guns very close in size. The picture makes it look like a bigger difference because of the larger beaver tail. I believe the slide is .4 longer on the XL.

The other benefits of the XL for me is the larger beaver tail, slightly wider flare to the mag well and a straight trigger.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3902 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post