SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does Sig currently make a 10mm with steel frame other than the "Hunter"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Sig currently make a 10mm with steel frame other than the "Hunter" Login/Join 
posted
Does Sig currently make a 10mm with a steel frame other than the "Hunter"?

I am looking at the Sig Sauer GT20 model that was made in the past and it appears that this model does have an all steel frame.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Ralph

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: January 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are now six models. Most are distributor exclusives. More details here: http://www.lipseys.com/itemfin...+Pistol&caliber=10mm

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure all the P220 10MMs have all steel construction.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks.

The Sig website is confusing because it shows the frame material as "alloy." However, that is in .45 caliber. I cannot get the specs for the 10mm on the website.

Posts: 48 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: January 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divedolphin:
Ok thanks.

The Sig website is confusing because it shows the frame material as "alloy." However, that is in .45 caliber. I cannot get the specs for the 10mm on the website.

Yep. Website is inaccurate. 10mm is all stainless. I just bought the legion 10mm for EDC. Beautiful gun.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!

posted Hide Post
Is $1,445.00 a good price for a new in box P220 Legion - 10mm?

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
stainless. I just bought the legion 10mm for EDC. Beautiful gun.

NICE!! I really want one

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divedolphin:
Is $1,445.00 a good price for a new in box P220 Legion - 10mm?

IIRC, that sounds better than I paid.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want a plain Jane da/sa.. if I could find one I’d get it, I don’t want anything special that costs more, but around here I haven’t seen anything but the single action or fancy models that cost 1300

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenris, data on the 220 legion is hard to come by. What is the length of the barrel and does it have a rail? Since you have one I hope you can help me out. Thanks for your help.

I would order one of these instantly if it has a five inch barrel.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Fenris, data on the 220 legion is hard to come by. What is the length of the barrel and does it have a rail? Since you have one I hope you can help me out. Thanks for your help.

From SIGs website:

SIG P220 Legion

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I just want a plain Jane da/sa.. if I could find one I’d get it, I don’t want anything special that costs more, but around here I haven’t seen anything but the single action or fancy models that cost 1300

I also wanted a simple all steel, 5" gun. Ended up with one of the Lipsey's guns 3 or 4 months back for a good price.

Very happy with it short of the stupid, small, super curved trigger. Need to change that out for a regular old steel trigger.

https://ibb.co/nt29ZQ

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:

I also wanted a simple all steel, 5" gun. Ended up with one of the Lipsey's guns 3 or 4 months back for a good price.

Very happy with it short of the stupid, small, super curved trigger. Need to change that out for a regular old steel trigger.

https://ibb.co/nt29ZQ

I was interested in getting a P220 after having to sell off my P220 ST several years back, but really began to get into SAO triggers. I happened across a Lipseys P220 Elite SAO in 10mm and bought it. Very nice gun, nitron with a tritium front sight and target rear, G10s, 5" barrel and all stainless (HEAVY!!). Trigger isn't as nice as my SAO P226s but it is a nice shooter.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:

On GunBroker right now...a Lipseys for $1175.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:

Mine has a 5 inch barrel.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information gentlemen. I was just too stupid to go far enough down on the Sig site. One is now on order at my LGS.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post