SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What are you guys using for your 225-A1 holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you guys using for your 225-A1 holster? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Title says it all, need a holster. Considering both OWB and IWB, with a preference towards IWB. Also need some mag carriers. Not looking to spend more than $100 hopefully.

Thanks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20750 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My OWB is a Gould & Goodrich B803 229. My IWB is a Black Arch wide wing with two clips.

Posts: 59 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My DeSantis 002F4 pancake holster is a perfect fit.
It is made for the Sig P229, but it fits a lot of other makes and models.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Kramer IWB leather holster made for a P239 and it fits the P225-A1 as though it were made for it.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto!

Posts: 81 | Location: Part of the 14th state that did not ratify to join the Union! | Registered: January 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bladetech.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Laptop
posted Hide Post
I switch between a Remora IWB (no clip), a Tagua 4-in-1, and a Tagua Quick Draw Paddle.

Posts: 76 | Registered: November 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
My DeSantis 002F4 pancake holster is a perfect fit.
It is made for the Sig P229, but it fits a lot of other makes and models.

Couldn't find that part#. Is it this one?

I was also considering the Mini Scabbard.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20750 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a like new mitch rosen leather IWB right hand with black trim. I'm selling $75.00 shipped I paid $90.00 plus shipping.The model is called uncle sal's decision. Very comfortable.I can send you some pics from my phone.

Posts: 125 | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mainegunner:
I have a like new mitch rosen leather IWB right hand with black trim. I'm selling $75.00 shipped I paid $90.00 plus shipping.The model is called uncle sal's decision. Very comfortable.I can send you some pics from my phone.

Please post on here if you know how. If not the email in profile is a good one.

Thank you for your suggestions guys. If anyone has the ability to do so please post a picture in holster or even better on your hip. I'm finding all the ones online are brown (I want black) and all have glocks or 1911s in the sample pics.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Milt Sparks VM-2 IWB, same as for all my carry guns.

The gun disappears. Concealable, comfortable and fast. My favorite summer carry with shorts, along with two Sparks belt mag carriers.

http://www.miltsparks.com/products-inside.php

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I carry mine in an R.Grizzle T&C2 in mahogany. It's more than $100 but well worth it in my opinion.

Here it is next to my Hi Power in the same style holster. After countless years searching for "the best" holster for me I settled on the T&C2 of all my IWB needs.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^

How much, and how long of a wait? I really didn't want to go over $100 since I will also need Mag carriers. It's probably going to be one of his or the Mitt Sparks listed right above your post. I knew my budget was low. Might end up having to skip leather.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It was $120 before shipping, but it was about a 3 month wait.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sparks provides wait times on their Home Page. Currently 12-18 weeks:

http://www.miltsparks.com/index.php

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 350zee
posted Hide Post
My holsters for my P245 and P220 compact SAS fits my 225A like they are built for it. Both are made by Galco. I have a Concealable and an Avenger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***My Idea Of Gun Control Is A Firm Grip!!!***-------***NRA Life Member***----------

Posts: 1311 | Location: Everett, WA. | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post