SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P30 V1 compared to V4.1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P30 V1 compared to V4.1 Login/Join 
posted
I have been shooting/working with a P30 V1. I'm beginning to understand and shoot the LEM trigger better ... somewhat. I sometimes think the 4.5 lb. trigger is a little light for carry (for me). Do I understand correctly that the V4.1 conversion does the following?

1) Increases tigger pull weight by about 2 lb?
2) Decreases trigger pre-travel by 1/3 (5 mm).
3) Decreases reset length some.

I would like to hear folks thoughts on the two variants and choices/preferences ... and why?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I tried the V4.1 parts in my P2000 V1 and was disappointed. Yes, not the same gun and not the same shooter.

V4.1 does decrease pre-travel but it comes off the front of the trigger pull and not the back end. The P2000 breaks pretty far back for me and I was hoping for an improvement there, alas, I was wrong. I did not notice any change in reset distance. I will not comment on trigger pull weight because we may not have the same TRS. You can increase your trigger pull weight by changing the TRS. The HK forum has a gazillion threads on V4.1.

There is nothing magic about the V4.1 parts. The catch has a longer nose which stops the trigger sooner, and the hammer has a deeper rear pocket to accomodate the longer catch nose when the trigger is pulled.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GaryBF,

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary ... appreciate the info and pictures.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done most of my LEM's. No change in pull weight, no change is reset length, only difference is the static position of the trigger at rest. And I've just repeated what Gary so thoroughly described. Installing these parts does give you a good understanding of the HK system, as well as the opportunity to smooth some critical areas to improve the action a bit.

Posts: 56 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: September 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
The trigger pull weight will depend on the combination of three springs installed - the TRS, the FPBS, and the hammer spring.

For light LEM it is easy to increase trigger pull. Installing the heavy TRS would do it, making trigger pull probably around 7 LBs. HK Parts sells a tool to simplify the installation. The TRS will probably be least expensive to get directly from HK but I don't think they sell the tool. If the trigger pull is too heavy after changing the TRS the lighter FPBS and/or 12 LB hammer spring will probably make it just right.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...ct=2195&idcategory=0

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...t=16031&idcategory=0

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...d.asp?idproduct=1955

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/p...d.asp?idproduct=1284

This message has been edited. Last edited by: grumpy1,

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had Bill Springfield do a trigger smoothing for me and it is perfect.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would like to hear folks thoughts on the two variants and choices/preferences ... and why?

My preference for these is a 4.1 combined with Grayguns or Lazy Wolf reduced reset trigger job, simply because it reduces those distances by whatever is possible. Trigger is also nicer in a subjective way. Trigger weight, as mentioned above, is controlled by the choice of springs.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I recently had a USP Compact 9 converted to light LEM from DA/SA but I kept the safety as I have always had safeties on my guns and it is natural for me. This is now my CCW and I wont carry any unless it is LEM. I feel much safer with this set up versus striker fire. Most people with LEM cover the hammer with their thumb when holstering for safety purposes

Posts: 151 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post