SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Ed Brown 10mm long slide 1911
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ed Brown 10mm long slide 1911 Login/Join 
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4K.
Champagne taste, beer budget.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I've bought and sold six Ed Brown 1911s over the years and I do believe there are not many that are "finished" more beautifully than the Browns. That being said, I'll stick with my Dan Wesson Bruin for half of the cost and just leave it at that. I just cannot see 4K for a tool.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
There's something about a 10mm 1911. Especially one that's done right.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I've got a Dan Wesson Bruin too, I wish I had 4k to drop on one gun!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
That is really sexy! I have the Nighthawk equivalent and while I don't shoot it a ton, every time I do it brings a smile to my face. Glad to see Ed Brown branching out. For years they were 45 ACP only now they've hit the 9mm, 38 Super and 10mm markets as well. Nice gun!

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice karma! Count me in.

The fit and finish on a Brown pistols is tremendous. And they shoot well, too.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm... it looks nice and I'd love to own it.

But as far as high end hunting handguns go, paying $4k for a 1911 in 10mm, you've paid Ferrari money and came home with a souped up Honda.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun! But $4k? Nah.

I love my Ed Brown 1911, but truth be told it doesn't shoot any better than the DW I sold to get it. The Bruin would be the way to go if you're into 10mm.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Without the RMR, this EB is $3325... still expensive but closer in price and detail to the Bruin.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I'll never sell the Bruin,I sold the Browns............ Roll Eyes

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Wow that's a departure for Brown for sure. I like it!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
It is on the cover of a magazine i just got. ST I believe.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I love both the 10MM Auto cartridge and the 1911 Longslide design.

My first long slide in the 10MM Auto cartridge was a AMT/IAI Javelina. Not custom, but it shot great and the 7" barrel turned in impressive velicities. Harry Sanford put out a good product at a affordable price. I still own and shoot it. It sits with it's 7" 45ACP HardBaller brother

I have alwyas loved that wide Gold Cup style trigger. I do not understand why other manufacturers always stuck with the skinny triggers.

I built this one up a few summers ago when STI was blowing out 40S&W slides.

Titanium internals for faster lock time, Briley barrel and spherical bushing, Aristocrat rear sight and a trigger with ball bearing mounted in the bow to reduce friction. The grips were scrimshawed by Esmerelda O'Sheehan

If I had the spare money right now, I might consider the Brown, but I would probably pick up a Bruin. However the new House has been kicking my butt for all my spare cash.

You can't have too many 10MM Autos

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer it without an electronic device rising up from the slide. Ruins it. Lovely pistol otherwise, but the junk attached to the slide ruins it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I'm really curious to see how a slide mount dot holds up on a 10mm.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
If you're going big and loud, where is the comp? Big Grin It would at least guarantee you'd have an open stall on either side at the range.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post