SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The original Beretta 92...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The original Beretta 92... Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
For me they are a bit like the British Spitfires from WWII.

Foreign made, but arguably the most beautiful of their class.

The 92 police trade in that I shot years ago was the easiest gun for me to shoot rapid fire that I can remember. Though I still often think about getting a Beretta 92, I always come up with reasons to buy something else. Perhaps one day...

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! The high polish on those early 92s is beautiful. You mentioned that Beretta is now back to black plastic grips: Do you mean shiny black ones without the logo?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 was the first semi-auto pistol I carried as a LEO. Having come from a much beloved Model 66, I was doubtful. By the time I finished training, I had complete faith and confidence in both the platform, and my ability to use it effectively.

Compared to the generations of hi-cap 9mm pistols that have come along since then, it is big, heavy, and not easy to conceal. But it is accurate, solid, dependable, and smooth to run. I have not owned a 9mm pistol in several years, but I plan to add a Model 92 to my safe in the near future.
Gonzo

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3095 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Though I still often think about getting a Beretta 92, I always come up with reasons to buy something else. Perhaps one day...

I know exactly what you're talking about - and can't explain it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice write up and pics. I bought the special edition M9/92FS package in the late 90’s. Came with M12 holster, M1015 pistol belt, M1025 mag pouch, pre-ban 15 rd mag, GI manual. Only used on the range and stills looks like new. Added olive g10’s years back when Ken had a special for members. Nice compliment to my W. German P226.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
I bought a 92 S way back , new in the blue cardboard box. Wood panels, smooth as frosted glass.
Got a little glo-on applied to the sights. Still shoots great.
Bought a backup set of spings, & locking block.
Trigger action job ,10 years ago gave me extra confidence to tie for first place in a centerfire comp.shoot . ( I was really behind on the first two stages)
Got a new MecGar 20 rd. Mag . To try out, now that notch cut has been a success.

BTW. nice two originals , Hats off to OP.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 182 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
Bac1023, you didn't by chance sell a Beretta Steel 1 recently, did you?
no way

I have a couple

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Moo-e neat-o stuff.

Recently had a customer transfer in a 92S. Honest wear, lots of character. The kind that makes a person wonder about the life it previously lived. Ironically (at least relative to posts in this thread) a day or so prior an early PT92 was transferred in as well.

In researching that PT92 for our bound book entry I noticed that Taurus no longer name their current ones with the 'PT' designation, only straight out '92'. Not shy at all about their clone. At least that's what I saw on their website.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
30 years around handguns and I've ignored Beretta since 1992, when they were far more common in police holsters.

Last year, a buddy of mine traded for an Italian 92A1. I got bit. Hard. I now own an Italian M9A3 Black as my duty weapon; a mint used Italian 92FS; and, my Italian 92A1 is on its way from Bud's as I type this.

Metal frames, hammers, and DA/SA triggers. Never thought I would be here, but the Beretta 92 is so sleek, so smooth, so accurate, and so soft shooting, it's just impossible to ignore. I like the 92 family as much as my P226/P228.

Thanks, bac1023, for another peek into your outstanding collection.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol! Years ago I had a chance to get a very nice example of a step slide 92 and I passed....and I have been kicking myself ever since. I did however not pass when a chance came along for me to own my personal favorite model...the Beretta 92SB.

1982 Beretta 92SB

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Beautiful pistol! Years ago I had a chance to get a very nice example of a step slide 92 and I passed....and I have been kicking myself ever since. I did however not pass when a chance came along for me to own my personal favorite model...the Beretta 92SB.

1982 Beretta 92SB

The model all Beretta 92 fans would like to own.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

1982 Beretta 92SB

Very nice indeed

I had two SB’s from 1983. Should have kept one. The last of the blued 92’s.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
That is one beautiful looking pistol.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I had no idea what a step slide Beretta 92 was. I learned something, thank you.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GOTSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Though I still often think about getting a Beretta 92, I always come up with reasons to buy something else. Perhaps one day...

I know exactly what you're talking about - and can't explain it.

Watch “Lethal Weapon” and “Die Hard” and all the sequels and after you buy a 92f(s) you’ll be trolling CDNN for surplus mags in no time!

It’s funny because I bought a Taurus 92 in the 80’s because I couldn’t afford a Beretta at the time. Liked the Taurus and this was probably my fault but when I was practicing quick draw drills on my deck and because the smooth but lovely wood grips lacked purchase, it wound up in the Weber ash trap. Started saving up for the Beretta then. And for a gas Weber.

====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON

Posts: 889 | Location: Maine, U.S.A. | Registered: August 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I found a pretty good deal on a LN M9, couldn't resist it. Supposedly only 50 rnds through it by the original owner, looks brand new to my inexperienced Beretta eye.

I put a hundred rounds through it after lubing/greasing it. I do not get it, I feel no affection for this pistol at all, I know it needs a D spring, but the trigger is not the problem. I can not put my finger on what bothers me about this gun, the balance, bore axis, grip shape, I just can't figure why I feel so bland about it. I do not like how the gun recoils, it's not hard recoiling, but it just feels different to me.

Nice addition to the safe, but something tells me it wil not live here long.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post