SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New guns from major manufacturers are coming out way too fast
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guns from major manufacturers are coming out way too fast Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And modern firearms can be assembled by chimps. There is no hand-fitting or polishing needed before applying a gorgeous deep-blue finish.Slap em together, slap on the ugly flat finish and ship em out. If they don't work do an optional "upgrade" for the owners that complain.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this stuff did not happen before the inter net Mad

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I get an email from Ruger weekly with new models, distributor specials, yada,yada,yada. From what I've seen they're slapped together and QC be damned. The buyer is now the BETA tester. Just send it back if there's a problem. Roll Eyes

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I get an email from Ruger weekly with new models, distributor specials, yada,yada,yada. From what I've seen they're slapped together and QC be damned. The buyer is now the BETA tester. Just send it back if there's a problem. Roll Eyes

What's been the sentiment of P210A beta testers? The only advantage of having an early production gun is that the tooling is fresh and tolerances will be as tight as the manufacturing specs allow.

Posts: 841 | Registered: January 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
As a free-market guy I support gun manufacturers cranking out as many new, and hopefully innovative/accurate/reliable/ and safe guns models as they can sell...but yeah, as a gun enthusiast who, at least at one time, strived to stay informed about new guns all the new variations of the same models is frustrating to track.

So I have pretty much given up on trying to keep up with all the different models and configurations, focus on a few, and go shooting.

Most would agree that options are a good thing ...in terms of modern gun design and manufacturing gun owners are living in tall cotton.

But I would be happy to have a few less gun models to choose from with cosmetic differences and instead see more meaningful and significant innovative introductions that had been through more thorough R&D testing before reaching market

quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I may have a bit of interest in a new gun, but I'm not a buyer until it's been out a year or so with no bugs.

I guess I just don't watch it too closely.

Agreed, I don't buy the first models of anything remotely important...cars, electronics...until the product has been on the market for a couple years...

...BUT, what is even more frustrating than the speed at which new guns are released is the speed at which they are obsoleted/ discontinued. I can't count how many times a new gun interests me so I decide to wait to buy one...only to see that particular model or configuration discontinued 3-5 years later. Then I'm stuck searching for new old stock if I'm lucky, or used.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Stick to the basics

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Talking about "first model", I've been guilty of a few, batting .500.

M11-A1 - No problems.
P227 - The gun itself is no problems. But, the 14-rounder... Roll Eyes
P225-A1 - Defective firing pin that SIG had to replace. Roll Eyes
P210A - It went toe to toe with the Swiss and the German and came out smelling like a champ. Imo, this gun is SIG USA's best!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I had your luck 12131.
P210A - stunning love it and happy.
P320 back it went
P227 back it went
MPX back it went
MCX (not sure if this counts in the pistol section) back it went
P225-A1 back it went
P226 SAO- great and love it.
Ruger MK4 back it went
P220 back it went (new one, bad barrel, older ones have never disappointed me)
Not that it makes any difference to my buying patterns. Its just annoying.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
As a free-market guy I support gun manufacturers cranking out as many new, and hopefully innovative/accurate/reliable/ and safe guns models as they can sell...but yeah, as a gun enthusiast who, at least at one time, strived to stay informed about new guns all the new variations of the same models is frustrating to track.

So I have pretty much given up on trying to keep up with all the different models and configurations, focus on a few, and go shooting.

Most would agree that options are a good thing ...in terms of modern gun design and manufacturing gun owners are living in tall cotton.

But I would be happy to have a few less gun models to choose from with cosmetic differences and instead see more meaningful and significant innovative introductions that had been through more thorough R&D testing before reaching market

quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
I may have a bit of interest in a new gun, but I'm not a buyer until it's been out a year or so with no bugs.

I guess I just don't watch it too closely.

Agreed, I don't buy the first models of anything remotely important...cars, electronics...until the product has been on the market for a couple years...

...BUT, what is even more frustrating than the speed at which new guns are released is the speed at which they are obsoleted/ discontinued. I can't count how many times a new gun interests me so I decide to wait to buy one...only to see that particular model or configuration discontinued 3-5 years later. Then I'm stuck searching for new old stock if I'm lucky, or used.

That's a great point Savage, about good guns being discontinued shortly after their introduction. That makes me mad as well.

Other posters have said don't buy just shoot. I am. I haven't bought a new gun in quite a while. In fact, a couple years ago I mentioned on this forum that I was going to spend my time and money getting my existing guns tuned up, sighted in, practice with them, and getting to know each one personally. to do that I use a small notebook for each gun, recording everything I shoot and do with that gun, and notes on things I did, or want done, with each one. The enjoyment I get from that greatly increases my enjoyment of having them, and using them. It also gives me more reason for thought for some that may want to start looking for new employment.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post