SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Traded into a factory P229 RX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traded into a factory P229 RX Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Ran across this at the LGS and just couldn’t pass it up.
E29R-9-BSS-RX
factory installed E2 grips, tall night sights and Romeo red dot.
Apparently a local sheriff’s deputy ordered it and carried it for a while. There is absolutely ZERO smiley on the barrel. The edges of the Romeo are chewed up, probably from a seat belt. You can tell she had a light on it as well.
Anyway, I guess once she noticed everyone else was carrying Glocks, she traded it back in to the gun shop. I’d want to be able to share magazines with co-workers as well, in her line of work.
I haven’t shot it yet, but I don’t see it being any different from the older P229R that I have in the safe. I may swap the E2 grip out for a set of G10 grips, but I’ll shoot it first. I’ll try to get some pics up later.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good find! Would make a good suppressor host, too.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Out of the box, the P229/9 is probably the most shootable pistol that SIG makes. The gun needs nothing but bullets to be shot at a very high level.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Jljones; I agree. My older P229 is a laser. I’m not sure of its proper designation, but it’s from back when the 40SW & 9MM frames were different. I carried it for years.
I won’t be carrying this RX, not yet anyway. The few holsters I’ve seen for it (with WML) are definitely NOT meant for concealed carry.
The Romeo sight on it is wider than the slide.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Werkz.com has holsters for many types of WML including the newer TRL7/8

I modified a couple of my holsters to fit the RD.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post