SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P225 A1 going away?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 A1 going away? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
I have one and I love it. My buddy wants to pick one up, but he is worried it will be discontinued soon, being an expensive single stack.

Any rumors of the life of this model? How are sales?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Can't tell you about sales, but the local fun store had one available used yesterday - for $750. Magazine prices haven't really shifted either, and seem to be in line with SIG's other mags. I think people are still buying them, so I think they'll be supported for a while longer.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think there are common parts for this with other sigs. They discontinued the p239 for the 225a1
I would consider the 225a1 the way the 239 should have been

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They can't discontinue it, they haven't made the ST version.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Or the 4.4" "Match" version. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I hope not. I'm still hoping that the next Legion is the P225A1. The pistol is 75% of the way there already.

I snatched up a stainless version (upper only of course) a couple of months ago for a steal and couldn't pass it up.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sold my P225-A1 with night sights, threaded barrel and three extra mags a couple of months ago. Great gun with an amazing trigger, the P225-A1 is effectively a "mini-legion". They are super accurate and fun to shoot. That said, I just didn't see having $1000 tied up in a single stack nine that really didn't do anything better than my P30sk, USPc and a Glcok 19 with effectively twice the capacity in pretty much the same dimensional package.

Many moons ago when I collected Sigs it was my favorite Sig to carry (the original P225) as a P228 was too chunky and the P239's (now discontinued) grip felt like crap. If you want one just because then by all means get one. If you do decide to scratch the itch, be sure to check and make sure that the one you get has a decent slide to frame fit. Two of the three I had rattled like the dickens after just 100 rounds. Sig manufacturing isn't what it used to be it seems. If you do get a loose one, order some "Eno's slide glide' off of amazon. It is a thick lubricant that doesn't break down under heat and it really helps with a loose frame fit Sig. And before any one gets a case of anal hyper clench, no the loose fit doesn't impact the reliability at all. I personally do not care for a loose frame/slide fit. A throw back from my disposable cash, custom 1911 days.

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like mine...got it several years ago for $700 even with 5 magazines to boot. Until I acquired a P365 in Feb of this year, it was my first choice for OWB carry. It and my 5 yr old M11A1 are my most accurate Sig's, tho the P365 runs a close race with them. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post