SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Want a P228 again so bad
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want a P228 again so bad Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
I had a P228 from about 2000 to 2012 when, in a moment of complete stupidity, I sold it here in the forum classifieds to fund another gun. I've missed it ever since.

I'm on the hunt for another one (and hoping a co-worker sells me his). I cannot believe how much they are selling for!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4193 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
My gun from about 15 years ago...

Posts: 4193 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
You're in Kali. The only way you can get a P228 would be intrastate private party transfer?

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You're in Kali. The only way you can get a P228 would be intrastate private party transfer?

that sucks...I got mine there a long time ago and freed it to one of the states still under U.S. rule. Wink

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I was in the same boat a couple years back and then I found a nice 1995 228 that had low miles and one of the absolute smoothest factory triggers I’ve ever felt on a Sig.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought a brand new in the box 20+ year old P228 for $350 about 4 years ago. I regretfully sold it for $500. Probably worth $1200 or more nowadays for anew in box P228. Dohh...

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
'Doh' is right. I paid near double six or seven years ago for my used KE with all of the standard fixings. Still have mine, though. Wink

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
'Doh' is right. I paid near double six or seven years ago for my used KE with all of the standard fixings. Still have mine, though. Wink

Near $2400 for a used 228? Or did you mean near double the $350-500? If there's someone looking for an early 90s used one for $2400, I'll rethink my keeping mine. Big Grin

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
back bout 2012 I got rid of a 'presented as unfired' nickel 228 w/ two nickel mags, box manual etc..I got 1200$ for it then but ive regretted selling it from day one and im always on the hunt for another. im always too late to the buying party or its way out of my $$ range. to me, its just the most beautiful edition Sig ever made. I look at my pics of it often, lol

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I made the mistake of parting with one twice in the past and will NOT do it again!

While the one I have now is not considered “collectible” due to not having German or West German proof marks (it’s a 2000 model, so a cross-over... made in Germany, but assembled in the USA), it still will not leave my ownership unless it has already been replaced by a much more “desirable” variant, and this one is near perfect so any replacement will need to be exceptional! Big Grin

The other two Sigs that need to be replaced because I sold them off are the P225 and P226. Those two, plus my P239/9 and P228 are the “cream of the crop” in my book!

Now don’t get me wrong, I would like to have another P229/357 and P220/45 eventually, but those are not as high on my list (though that P229 really SHOULD be as it’s probably the best all-around Sig EVER when you have all 3 barrels for it)...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I blame 12131. Now I just for a gun I've only seen a magazine for.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
My gun from about 15 years ago...

Sorry to hear that. Looks like a nice one. Maybe you can convince the owner to sell it back to you somehow? I've regretted most of the things I've sold that I owned back then.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Just managed to buy a 1989 date code P228 from a co-worker that looks brand new. I'll try to post pics tomorrow morning. Smile

Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Nice score! Looking forward to pics.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only one? You should be shopping for a second.

Posts: 134 | Location: No Ca | Registered: December 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
New (to me) P228

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looks great. But, who the heck put that Trijicon mark on the freaking slide? Eek

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Congrats! Looks great. But, who the heck put that Trijicon mark on the freaking slide? Eek

Not sure. They used to do that on Beretta 92's with the integral front sight. Not sure why it was done on this gun especially since it's a 1989-proofed gun with a 1994 sights. I'm assuming he sent it back to Trijicon (or Tooltech) to have the sights put on. They're long since dead either way.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your find KevH. Cool

In the early 2000s, I was at a range next to a guy shooting a P228. He offered to let me shoot a mag through it. I did, and I was hooked. I didn't mark it as an impending need, but in the back of my mind, I always noted that, 'One day I'll get P228.'

The years went by. Good P228s at reasonable prices became increasingly scarce. It took about 15 years for me to find the right P228 at the right price. If I ever need to part w/ my guns, it'll be the last to go.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post