SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Want a P228 again so bad
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want a P228 again so bad Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Nice P228. I did the same thing years ago with my P228 as far as selling it. I can't even remember what I sold it for. I am still trying to figure out what I was thinking selling it. They are a great pistol.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what would be the most reasonably priced used 228? My guess would be the 1990's ones marked made in Germany but no proof marks because they were assembled in US. What would these go for?

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LEO trade ins go for 450-550 around here.

The P228 is a great gun, but don't under appreciate the P229-1. It holds 15 rounds, the grips are the E2 style, and the SRT trigger is nicer.

Scully and Mulder approved this thread.

Posts: 362 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a 1991 P228 and a 2017 P229-1 - I find I shoot better with the 228.

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
An old pic of my triple serial number TT; acquired it as a DAO, temporarily put in the non-nickel decocker. It has since been replaced with the proper nickel one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
your thread makes me want to get mine out and take it to the range...thanks for posting

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevH:
Just managed to buy a 1989 date code P228 from a co-worker that looks brand new. I'll try to post pics tomorrow morning. Smile

Now, have you learned your lesson?? Never, ever sell the best German-made Sig!! Col. Grossman would not approve!

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMA10mm:
Now, have you learned your lesson?? Never, ever sell the best German-made Sig!! Col. Grossman would not approve!

Hahaha! I would say so!

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4190 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
For the record, MecGar mags for the 228 hold 15 rounds also! I have several and they work perfectly, and have relegated my 13-rounders to range use only! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by 18Z50:
LEO trade ins go for 450-550 around here.

The P228 is a great gun, but don't under appreciate the P229-1. It holds 15 rounds, the grips are the E2 style, and the SRT trigger is nicer.

Scully and Mulder approved this thread.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
is the difference between the original 13 rounders and the newer, Mec-Gars 15 rounders just the magazine follower (and van I retrofit my 13 rounders?) or is the magazine tube a touch longer???

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I picked up this triple serial number specimen last spring for $700 with 8 magazines.

BRL did the leather for me.

I'd like to put night sights on it, but other than that it's about perfect.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12742 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Join the club...stupidly sold mine to a great member here....if he ever wants to sell it I want to be first in line..

Hear me Doc? Big Grin

Don't make me beg...it's not pretty

And not to be contrary but the M11A1 nor the P229 feels the same...tried that and really wanted to like them but a proper P228 feels soooo balanced

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SiGagain:
is the difference between the original 13 rounders and the newer, Mec-Gars 15 rounders just the magazine follower (and van I retrofit my 13 rounders?) or is the magazine tube a touch longer???

Bill

The magazine body is the same; not sure exactly what the difference is, but I do know they work... and work well! Smile

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Join the club...stupidly sold mine to a great member here....if he ever wants to sell it I want to be first in line..

Hear me Doc? Big Grin

Don't make me beg...it's not pretty

And not to be contrary but the M11A1 nor the P229 feels the same...tried that and really wanted to like them but a proper P228 feels soooo balanced

LOL... I almost sold my P228 tonight to pay for unexpected car repairs, but ended up selling the P239/9mm instead for the same amount of money. Thankfully I got to keep the best pistol Sig ever made, but I did let go of the one I always shot the best. But sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do... I MUST have my car fixed as I cannot replace it for the same cost as the repairs, as expensive as they may be, and the car is way too nice to scrap over the the repair cost, so I parted with the P239/9mm.

Oh well, I was toying with selling that one anyway, so will find another single-stack 9mm later.

Bill R.
North Alabama

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I gotta stop looking at these... Big Grin

Posts: 9108 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
ive still got a W German 228 that IDC but this nickel 228, 2 mags, box... unfired is the one I let get away and have regretted it almost instantly. never been able to find another affordable one in good enough condtion.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Artie, if you post that damn picture one more time I will block you from being able to see your posts. It's just not fair, I am way to jealous. Can't afford a new holster and BRL is not even currently even working on holsters.

Jerk!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bolo4tom:
ive still got a W German 228 that IDC but this nickel 228, 2 mags, box... unfired is the one I let get away and have regretted it almost instantly. never been able to find another affordable one in good enough condtion.

There's one on GB right now, complete with everything, including the label. But, I'm still suspicious.

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q I sent you an email with a question about the listing on GB.

Curious as to why you are suspicious of that particular listing.

Thank you.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
im going to check it out right now...they rarely, at best ever show up on there.

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post