SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wheaton Arms barrels for Glock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wheaton Arms barrels for Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted
I am looking to get a threaded barrel for my G17 that I eventually want to put a can on. Does anyone have any experience with the Wheaton Arms product line of barrels? I know that there a million other options out there, but this line has caught my eye.

https://wheatonarms.com/glock-barrels/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BcZG55T5yk

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
WoW pricey little things!

For about $140, the SilencerCo barrels are lazer beam accurate...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
I saw a test online somewhere..... they tested a lot of aftermarket Glock barrels..... Silencerco & Faxon barrels came out on top overall by a pretty good margin.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No experience with Wheaton, but I recently snagged threaded barrels for my 19 and 17 from Combat Armory. With their Memorial Day special, both barrels and two thread protectors we're about $110 shipped. Haven't hit the range yet, but they fit 100%! Looking forward to trying them out!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a Wheeaton but have had a couple KKM barrels. Amazingly accurate and will probably out live me.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Silencerco & Faxon barrels came out on top overall by a pretty good margin.

I'm a bit of a Faxon fan boy. That's where I'd go.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I haven't had a Wheeaton but have had a couple KKM barrels. Amazingly accurate and will probably out live me.

Never used wheaton, but I have various KKM's. It's about all I use for aftermarket barrels.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents,

Wheaton barrel arrived today. Clean/lube this weekend and shoot next week. I always soak a new barrel in Slip 2000 for a couple of days. I'll let you know how it performs vs oem barrel.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KKM for me.

Posts: 159 | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
KKM seems to be a popular option.
I think I will try one for my M&P 9c.

posted Hide Post
Ordered a Blacklist barrel for my G17. Should be here tomorrow. Was leaning towards KKM, but started reading more about Blacklist and liked what I was reading. Bought a Lone Wolf a few years back and wasn’t happy with it at all. Chamber was really short. Didn’t want to mess with sending it to LW to have it reamed. Oh, and the Blacklist was on sale this past weekend. Could have gotten one for $165 for Aim Surplus if I wanted the TiN (gold) finish.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post